Genetic modification: pig heart to-human

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    My aortic valve is bovine. I had a choice between mechanical, or bovine. Took the cow.
    Any aversion to steak or burgers?
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
      I see an OEM vs aftermarket discussion shaping up
      guys at the water cooler bragging up their particular make and model I can see it now.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Any aversion to steak or burgers?
        LOL...Nope! No problem at all....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          My aortic valve is bovine. I had a choice between mechanical, or bovine. Took the cow.
          My Grandpa got the pig valve. Not sure if they're still using pig parts these days. He died of something else at least 20-25 years later, so that counts as a success.

Why yes, we did indeed oink at him mercilessly at the slightest opportunity...

I did once get to listen to the heartbeat of a gent with a mechanical valve. Pretty interesting "click" noise.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            guys at the water cooler bragging up their particular make and model I can see it now.
            My multiply-broken left leg is full of titanium. We cyborgs do indeed discuss and compare the quality and materials used in our augmentations.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              My Grandpa got the pig valve. Not sure if they're still using pig parts these days. He died of something else at least 20-25 years later, so that counts as a success.

Why yes, we did indeed oink at him mercilessly at the slightest opportunity...

I did once get to listen to the heartbeat of a gent with a mechanical valve. Pretty interesting "click" noise.
              The advantage to the mechanical option is that if it stops working, they can stick a key in yer butt and wind you back up. ehe
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                The advantage to the mechanical option is that if it stops working, they can stick a key in yer butt and wind you back up. ehe
                Reminds me of old Timex commercials: "Takes a licking, but keeps on ticking".
                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Follow-up, two months later.

The operation was successful, but the patient died.

The man died two months after operation, says the hospital that carried out the world-first surgery.
                  "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                  Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

They patient got two months and I read he was talking to family.
                    The first human to human didn't make it three weeks.
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                      They patient got two months and I read he was talking to family.
                      The first human to human didn't make it three weeks.
                      True.
                      Perspective is a word often used, but seldom internalised.
                      In this case, perspective is everything.
                      We can only guess how much he enjoyed those extra moments.
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

There are only a few real differences internally between pigs & humans. Other than that, pigs may be superior.....

Comment

I remember saying to my surgeon .... " Let me get this straight . You can put a pig's heart valve in a human being but you can't use an intestine which is nothing more than a hose ? " ..... He looked at me like I was from another planet .....
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                            There are only a few real differences internally between pigs & humans. Other than that, pigs may be superior.....
                            That Arnold Ziffel was robbed of an Emmy.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

This new medical technology appears to be advancing quickly:

After a series of medical breakthroughs, will these animals solve the global shortage of organs?
                              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                              X