Global warming setback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global warming setback

It seems that the increased of costs for energy production in the last year have impacted much of the world, resulting in increased coal consumption.....which put more emissions into the environment and brought the earlier numbers almost back to where they were before cutbacks took effect.

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Leading the Coal usage Charge is China.
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
      It's also the worlds leader in green energy production and initiatives. I assume they don't want to slow economic growth by taking coal offline until everything is converted to renewables. I don't of any other country that would do that.
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

And Joe Manchin
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          And Joe Manchin
          But what percentage is 'clean coal'?

PBS just reported that 90% of Americans believe that China does not respect the individual rights of it's citizens. I'm wondering about that other 10%.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            And Joe Manchin
            Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            But what percentage is 'clean coal'?

PBS just reported that 90% of Americans believe that China does not respect the individual rights of it's citizens. I'm wondering about that other 10%.
            Back to back laughs of the day - thanks guys!
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Sen. Joe Manchin is bought and paid for by Big Coal. The dying industry is pulling one final heist, and the entire planet may pay the price.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

This is getting pretty far afield for the Campfire
                1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                2007 DRz 400S
                1999 ATK 490ES
                1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Then move it. This is far too big an issue to treat with kid gloves.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

I have not seen it, but my wife was in several cities about a dozen years ago and found the air pollution then was bad everywhere she went, and only varied when it was worse.
                    For many Chinese people, they sky above them is a dirty grey, not blue, even when the sun is shining.
                    Of course, that was before covid was invented, but people were even then wearing masks, because of the pollution.

adding to that....China uses coal because it is cheap, and that meets the needs of Americans, Canadians and others who all share a universal wish: they want their goods to be produced as cheaply as possible.
                    Last edited by argonsagas; 01-12-2022, 04:07 AM.
                    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

As much as I detest the political ideology of china I'll give them credit when any is due they do understand and respect science. They have made progress in emission reduction, Beijing in particular has improved considerably.

The report outlines lessons, policies and actions from Beijing that could help guide pollution reduction measures in other cities across the developing world. From 2013 to 2017, fine particulate matter pollution in Beijing decreased by 35% as a result of measures to control coal-fired boilers, cleaner domestic fuels and industrial restructuring. Since 2013, air pollutants in Beijing have decreased by 25-83%, depending on the pollutant.
                      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Thanks for that great article. I knew there was something I didn't like about that guy.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Thanks for that great article. I knew there was something I didn't like about that guy.
                          He's a total stooge.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

For many years i Went to the same part of the Ghanzhou province in Southern China. I watched the sky go more & more grey & I also watched the sun come back out a few years later. Some of that was just displaced (to the North) but some of it was from cleaner practices including the banning of thousands of 2 stroke scooters from the city centre (the slack was mostly picked up by electric bicycles but then more & more cars came along as well).
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                            X