Dynatec ignition in a GS650GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynatec ignition in a GS650GL

Hi, folks- I'm working on updating the wiring on a GS650GL. Rather than rebuild the existing system, I'm looking at upgrading to an mo.Unit for some of the features it has and the component options. One of the changes I am curious about is the mods needed to a Dynatec ignition for it to fit in a 650, and if it can be used to replace both the signal unit and the ignitor. I understand from reading here that others have made the Dynatec work, but I've not found specifics. If this is rehashing old territory, please direct me to the older threads.

Thanks!

you can delete the ignitor when you install the dynatek, when you take the ignitor of you will see exactly where the dynatek wires will go to, you will have to do a bit of grinding or cutting on the dyna ignition to make it fit as the 650 has the oil pressure sensor where the ignition is, shouldnt be hard at all and you can route the dynatek wires just like the original one.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Great, thank you. That's the same DS3-2 as used on the 550 and 750, etc? Most appreciated. Making a relief for the oil pressure sensor sounds easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Great, thank you. That's the same DS3-2 as used on the 550 and 750, etc? Most appreciated. Making a relief for the oil pressure sensor sounds easy enough.

yes same one, you can also route the oil pressure sensor wire through the dyna ignition sleeve for a cleaner routing.
        Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
        1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
        X