Cosmetic engine gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cosmetic engine gaskets

Hello out there I am wanting to pull my covers off and due some polishing. Does anyone know of a good place to pickup the cover gaskets?? I did not know if my local Suzuki dealer carries. Thank for any direction. Brian

Your local dealer will not have them in their local stock, no one does, but will be able to order them from the warehouse. Most of us will use Parts Outlaw in Florida as they are on the cheaper side but it will take two weeks to get them; the first week to get them from the warehouse and the second to mail them to you. The time for your dealer will be the same for the first but shorter since you can just drive there. You just get to pay a little more for that convenience
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice summary, Scott!

Another avenue would be to look up the part numbers using one of the online parts sellers, then search fleaBay. There are a couple of reliable sellers who seem to have quite a bit of NOS (new old stock) Suzuki bits. You'll notice that many gasket part numbers have been superceded with a new part number. It can be helpful to look for the old part number sometimes.

Other good online parts sellers include Part Shark and Online Cycle Parts; both of these are the online businesses owned by large dealerships local to me and I've used them quite a bit.

OnlineCycleParts is your Online source for Genuine Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki & KTM Parts.

OEM Parts for Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Can-Am, Sea-Doo, and Vanderhall

I don't know of any dealers in or near KC that do the same thing (Advantage Powersports seems to have an online fiche), but if there is one, you can often save some money by ordering the parts through the online side and picking them up in person. If you call or walk in, they have to charge more.

You generally want to avoid aftermarket gaskets; some can be OK, but many on fleaBay are cut out on demand out of material that's far too thin, and this can cause issues. And their fitment data can be iffy.

Let us know what bike you have (might want to put that info in your signature), and there may be some specific leads or advice we can offer.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
      X