No announcement yet.

Headlight fuse keeps blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will post them forsure, just have to still fix the issue lol, I need to have a emergency pair of electrical tape to close up my harness at 2am....

Not sure how I'm gonna approach the issue just yet but I'm gonna do it right, no Jerry rigging. Probably gonna use butt connectors and heat shrink to fix the damaged section.
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
      I will post them forsure, just have to still fix the issue lol, I need to have a emergency pair of electrical tape to close up my harness at 2am....

Not sure how I'm gonna approach the issue just yet but I'm gonna do it right, no Jerry rigging. Probably gonna use butt connectors and heat shrink to fix the damaged section.
      I've taken some corrugated conduit from car harnesses and used it to cover the wires at that point. It may not prevent bending but should stop grounding to the frame.
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I use Spirap around the repaired area of the loom to make sure there's extra thickness of plastic cushioning that can't rub through in future.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I did what I said I was probably gonna do lol, used a butt connector and heat shrinked it to cover the metal, the area I cut out the insulator for all the wires I just double wrapped with electrical tape, rerouted it so it wouldn't rub, and we're good as new.

It also looks alot nicer having new electrical tape on the harness instead of 40 year old dust ridden tape thats brittle to the touch
          Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
          1982 XS650

Comment

Originally posted by timebombprod View Post
            I did what I said I was probably gonna do lol, used a butt connector and heat shrinked it to cover the metal, the area I cut out the insulator for all the wires I just double wrapped with electrical tape, rerouted it so it wouldn't rub, and we're good as new.

It also looks alot nicer having new electrical tape on the harness instead of 40 year old dust ridden tape thats brittle to the touch
            Mummies swear by it
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

theyd be very salty to hear my comment, lol
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
              X