Tsunami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsunami?

I heard that a not-too-big tsunami was headed to the PNW. Any of you guys seen/heard/felt anything? Stay off the beaches.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

foot on pacific west coast
    some were surfing
    some were crying over busted up boats
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

We were on alert here
      No signature

Comment

"Let's all go to the beach to watch the tsunami."

Despite desperate warnings from officials to stay away from the beaches, rescue crews pulled five people to safety after they ventured too close to the ocean waters churned up by the surge from Saturday's tsunami.

Morons gotta moron, I guess.

Some damage in Tonga, the closest bit of land, and in other places, but overall the puny humans clinging to several bits of the planet are extremely lucky that it wasn't far worse.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

That some damage has turned into a catastrophe for Tongans............Some centers have been completely wiped out and tsunami waves up to 15 meters.
          82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
          Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
          Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
          Albums

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            "Let's all go to the beach to watch the tsunami."

Despite desperate warnings from officials to stay away from the beaches, rescue crews pulled five people to safety after they ventured too close to the ocean waters churned up by the surge from Saturday's tsunami.

Morons gotta moron, I guess.

Some damage in Tonga, the closest bit of land, and in other places, but overall the puny humans clinging to several bits of the planet are extremely lucky that it wasn't far worse.

"Morons gotta moron, i guess"....thank you, Sir i will be borrowing that one.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Darwin always reincarnates among the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post
                That some damage has turned into a catastrophe for Tongans............Some centers have been completely wiped out and tsunami waves up to 15 meters.
                It was certainly more than moderate damage.

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                X