Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyly View Post
    This is about nationalism and staying in power. Putin is a crime lord and Russia is corrupt mafia state he likely is the worlds wealthiest person and not Musk or Bezos so keeping control of his wealth and out of a Russian prison is important. What better way to divert attention from himself than to create a nationalistic diversion this is no different than China and Tibet, Xinjiang and the south China Sea or Hitler with his territorial claims. Appeal to a populace that clings to past delusional glories of great empires.

What small countries will learn from this is build nukes and you won't be invaded.

I'm sure the Ukraine now regrets giving up it's nuclear arsenal expecting the world to backup the treaty it signed, it gave up as many 3000 nuclear weapons on condition that it's borders be respected by Russia. Had it held on to 50 or so nukes it wouldn't be facing imminent invasion now.
    If it had even one the situation would be different.
    but its not nationalism and its not comparable to china and tibet/
    and there's is no way in hell putin is a member of the super rich on a par with musk and bezos. especially since their wealth is tied to market cap of their respective corporations.

use google news and read the russian feed then the ukranian and see all media is a whore of its ruling powers and therefore a biased group of liars.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

When Trump returns, and chaos reigns...Russia will want to keep the option open to offer a Mutual Defence Treaty to the breakaway State of California.

Wikipedia:
      there are diverging views on whether negotiators gave informal commitments regarding further NATO expansion,Jack Matlock, the American ambassador to the Soviet Union during its final years, said that the West gave a "clear commitment" not to expand, and declassified documents indicate that Soviet negotiators were given the impression that NATO membership was off the table for countries such as Czechoslovakia, Hungary, or Poland.
      hah. hah.Maybe they lied. And maybe they never said Ukraine specifically.

The Baltic states and Poles and Czechs are one thing, but messing around in Slav countries-the Ukraine-the heartland of the Rus!
      Even though our Schoolteacher PM sees votes in our Ukranian diaspora, It's Not the beach I would want Canadians to die on

Comment

Everyone I have spoken with over the past few days knows exactly how to handle this Russian/Ukraine issue. I have spent today compiling all their data and will work tomorrow on getting this information into the correct hands. Everything should be fine in about a week.......you're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
          Everyone I have spoken with over the past few days knows exactly how to handle this Russian/Ukraine issue. I have spent today compiling all their data and will work tomorrow on getting this information into the correct hands. Everything should be fine in about a week.......you're welcome.
          titration of your new meds will take just a week?
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Here's a Link to a paper that came via my news feed, a look at the situation from a military point of view: https://www.csis.org/analysis/russia...vasion-ukraine
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
              Here's a Link to a paper that came via my news feed, a look at the situation from a military point of view: https://www.csis.org/analysis/russia...vasion-ukraine
              Good article, I don't argue with it.
              I think yes it was a big mistake for Ukraine to surrender it's nukes. However the rockets they were mounted on would be antiques vs the S-400 missile system.
              I think tactical nuclear weapons are the only thing that will stop Putin's big push back. At least one will have to be launched by NATO.
              I hope he's bluffing.
              On that note I just wanna say it's been a wonderful life and best wishes for our survivors.
              Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 01-28-2022, 06:30 AM.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                The thing that struck me was the weather conditions. Seems that if having frozen ground is necessary to move heavy equipment then Russia has already waited about a month too long to move in.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

More evidence Putin is bluffing/testing the political possibilities.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Ukraine prez asked Biden to tone down rhetoric in phone call wtf!
                    Help but don't help? Sacrifice political currency on our terms?

I say wait till my mail order nuclear physicist super hot 18 yr old mail order bride arrives then go to it Russia.
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                      The thing that struck me was the weather conditions. Seems that if having frozen ground is necessary to move heavy equipment then Russia has already waited about a month too long to move in.
                      It could indicate more limited objects which could be a miscalculation should Ukrainian resistance could be stronger than anticipated.

Olympics begin next week, Moscow has a fondness for Olympic timed invasions two previous invasions were timed to Olympic events invasion of Crimea and Georgia, Moscow probably believe the world governments and public will be too distracted by the events to care, and when the Olympics are done the invasion will have completed it's objectives.

I won't be watching the Olympics because they're being held in China just as I didn't watch the Beijing Olympics, the Olympic Organization claim that sports and politics are separate is all BS, it's the same claim abusive governments such as Russia and China make.
                      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I think yes it was a big mistake for Ukraine to surrender it's nukes. However the rockets they were mounted on would be antiques vs the S-400 missile system.
                        I think tactical nuclear weapons are the only thing that will stop Putin's big push back. At least one will have to be launched by NATO.
                        I hope he's bluffing.
                        On that note I just wanna say it's been a wonderful life and best wishes for our survivors.
                        Exactly why Trump was so deluded thinking he could talk N Korea out of it's nuke. With nukes NK knows it's safe from invasion from any nation NK doesn't trust China either, China had no hesitancy invading it's one time ally Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                          It could indicate more limited objects which could be a miscalculation should Ukrainian resistance could be stronger than anticipated.
                          I'm all for vers libre but try and frame that in the form of an english sentence.
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

More evidence Putin is bluffing/testing the political possibilities.
                            Yulia Latynina agrees with you...
                            But the West called his bluff. In the past week especially, the United States and NATO have taken a markedly sharper tone when discussing Russia — and have, more important, sent military hardware across Eastern Europe and put troops on standby. The message is clear: If Russia won’t de-escalate, then neither will the West.

Instead of trapping the United States, Mr. Putin has trapped himself. Caught between armed conflict and a humiliating retreat, he is now seeing his room for maneuver dwindling to nothing. He could invade and risk defeat, or he could pull back and have nothing to show for his brinkmanship. What happens next is unknown. But one thing is clear: Mr. Putin’s gamble has failed.
                            Full column here: Putin Is Caught in a Trap of His Own Making

(Ms. Latynina is a journalist who has reported extensively on Russia’s politics and foreign policy.)
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Scary times for Ukraine...and the rest of the world.

Putin bluffing?

Ukraine President having disagreement with POTUS?

Strategic analysis going on right now on all sides.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Putin's plan has been exposed he's been called out by Biden and now the entire world is watching and waiting. How does he justify attacking neighbour that poses no threat to Russia. He can shape the message for the home audience through his state controlled media but outside of Russia the optics are very bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X