No announcement yet.

RIP Meat Loaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reuters/Arnd WiegmannTheatrical rock superstar Meat Loaf, whose Bat Out of Hell is one of the bestselling albums of all time, has died at the age of 74. Reports say the singer and actor had recently fallen sick with COVID-19.In an emotional statement posted to Facebook early Friday, the performer’s family said he was with his wife when he died and had said his final goodbyes to his two daughters in the past 24 hours. The star sold 100 million albums in his five-decade career and starred in movie

In May, he posted a clip of Eric Clapton’s anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver,” and, in what appears to be one of his last interviews, Meat Loaf appeared to be losing patience with pandemic measures.
    Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”
    The singer went on to complain about being asked to wear a mask on a plane, stating that he didn’t believe paper masks were as good at N95s at stopping the coronavirus from spreading. “We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’ They’re power-mad now,” he told the paper.
    After the interviewer replied, “Oh, God. We’re being controlled by everybody,” the singer responded ominously, “Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”
    No signature

Comment

E. Clapton is a well-known right wing bigot. It's a shame that Meat saw him as a role model.

Has anyone mentioned how good he was in Fight Club?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        E. Clapton is a well-known right wing bigot. It's a shame that Meat saw him as a role model.

I pay as much attention the vapid opinions of rock stars as I do to the political insights of rugby football jocks.
        Unfortunately, that disconnect is not observed by thousands of others, and there's the danger.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          I pay as much attention the vapid opinions of rock stars as I do to the political insights of rugby football jocks.
          Unfortunately, that disconnect is not observed by thousands of others, and there's the danger.
          "shut up and play yer guitar"
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

His name is Robert Paulson
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              His name is Robert Paulson
              His name is Robert Paulson!
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Of course these things are planned weeks in advance but.....The VFW that I help with had a meatloaf dinner the day Meatloaf died.....We must've played every Meatloaf song on the jukebox. Ha !!
                Larry D
                1980 GS450S
                1981 GS450S
                2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

His name is Robert Paulson!
                  They call me MISTER Tibbs! Sidney Poitier's famous line from the 1967 motion picture In The Heat of the Night. Uploaded for purposes of blog discussion about...
                  No signature

Comment

What a guy.
                    Makes ya cry.
                    Unt I deed.

RIP EDDIE
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Larry D View Post
                      Of course these things are planned weeks in advance but.....The VFW that I help with had a meatloaf dinner the day Meatloaf died.....We must've played every Meatloaf song on the jukebox. Ha !!
                      That is awesome!
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Holy Cow, can't believe I missed the line in Rob's first post in this thread that Louie Anderson also passed. 2022 sure is getting off to a bad start.

Anyway, when I saw this meme, I immediately thought of Rob S. Too soon?

Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Things change, but as far as three-wheelers go, I still feel the same: I won't do that!

Comment

So I saw this yesterday morning

sigpic
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice. Touching. Too bad it has to be done through bars (no touching). I'm old enough to remember bus and airport lockers.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                https://ca.yahoo.com/style/die-die-m...082411909.html

In May, he posted a clip of Eric Clapton’s anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver,” and, in what appears to be one of his last interviews, Meat Loaf appeared to be losing patience with pandemic measures.
                                Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”
                                The singer went on to complain about being asked to wear a mask on a plane, stating that he didn’t believe paper masks were as good at N95s at stopping the coronavirus from spreading. “We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’ They’re power-mad now,” he told the paper.
                                After the interviewer replied, “Oh, God. We’re being controlled by everybody,” the singer responded ominously, “Yeah, I know. But not me. If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”
                                I've heard that he died with covid, true or not I don't know. At his age he should have been taking every precaution. It was his choice, so......

Comment

Working...
                                X