X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Meat Loaf

Rest in peace.

Also Louie Anderson - RIP
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I recall 78 and seeing a tv special and thinking what a gross creepy old freak he was.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

I'll just leave this here, shall I...
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I was never a big Meat loaf fan... About 15 years or so ago, I got free front row tickets to his show! Being that close, I could see he was giving it his all. And with all the different costume changes, it was really a professional show. It sure changed my mind on what I thought about Meat loaf...

Keeping on topic. Anyone have a good Meatloaf recipe?
        Last edited by storm 64; 01-21-2022, 05:56 PM. Reason: Is Meat loaf two words?
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

What I learned today, was that he has been called "Meat Loaf" since he was 8 years old.
          I always thought it was a gimmick, but it turned out to be an old, childhood nickname.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I have his album around here someplace. RIP
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This passing really hits me hard. Saw the Bat Outa Hell tour from a hill in Central Park NYC.
              Bat Outa Hell, played it loud on my drive home after track days.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 01-21-2022, 08:28 PM.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Never been a huge fan, but I always keep that first album on rotation for long road trips!
                Drew

1981 GS650L (one step at a time...lots to do)
                1994 Honda Shadow VLX (for sale in spring)
                2011 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Borrowed this from Facebook. W. Earl Brown the actor who played Meatloaf in the biopic is a local guy.

rom Jim Coopers original FB post this morning-“Sad to hear about Meatloaf’s passing. Fortunately, I got a chance to meet him several years ago in what I consider the most “only in LA” fashion imaginable. My brother Bob and I were playing on a softball team with various writers, actors, etc called Big Walrus. One of the players was W. Earl Brown, who is an actor. Earl informed the team that he was going to be out for four weeks, as he got cast as Meatloaf in the VH1 biopic about Meatloaf’s rise to fame. We thought that was great, but asked Earl to find a substitute for the games that he would be missing. So who did Earl get to sub for him? Meatloaf! Literally, the man himself. So Meatloaf joined our softball team in place of Earl while Earl was out being the movie Meatloaf. He was great fun, really nice and super enthusiastic. When you were up to bat and he was cheering for you from the dugout, you really heard it. Not a great runner, but he usually hit it far enough to pull a single. When the filming was done, Earl (still sporting the 70s era long hair he needed for filming) came back to play a game along side Meatloaf. One of the team members, who was unaware of why Earl was gone and why Meatloaf was there, looked at the two of them standing next to one another in awe and proclaimed “Wow, you guys could be brothers!” Years later my daughter Kerry got into the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which Meatloaf stars in. She did not believe that me and her uncle Bob once played softball with Eddie (Meatloaf’s part in the film). So I just casually pulled out my old softball roster and showed her it. (See attached). For just a brief moment I got to be cool in my daughter’s eyes by the reflected glory. Only in Los Angeles….”
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Actually I always liked Meatloaf, wore out the 8 track with Heaven by the Dashboard light during my mis spent youth.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I have his record, I thought this was gonna be somebody trying a beef wellington and saying it's over for the meatloaf
                      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                      1982 XS650

Comment

I enjoyed him in Fight Club and Rocky Horror (meatloaf again?)

I liked the motorcycle on the cover of Bat Out of Hell
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I liked him and enjoyed BOH, Rocky Horror, and several of his other films. He always seemed to be a real, grounded fellow.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            I liked him and enjoyed BOH, Rocky Horror, and several of his other films. He always seemed to be a real, grounded fellow.
                            Saw some clips of him on Larry King yesterday. Learned two things I didn't know.
                            Meat Loaf was his nickname since he was about eight years old.
                            And, after Bat out of Hell was successful, he needed two years of therapy to "learn" how to handle being a star.
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              I was never a big Meat loaf fan... About 15 years or so ago, I got free front row tickets to his show! Being that close, I could see he was giving it his all. And with all the different costume changes, it was really a professional show. It sure changed my mind on what I thought about Meat loaf...
                              A friend of mine wrote on Facebook: Meat Loaf sold over 100 million albums, and that's a pretty amazing feat: according to one online record, only sixty-one artists in the history of music have sold >100M albums.

--> check out this infographic: https://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/...gnored67a1.jpg

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Keeping on topic. Anyone have a good Meatloaf recipe?
                              I made meatloaf last night, no recipe. It was delicious. What I did was something like:

Half a pound of ground beef
                              one egg
                              some panko
                              salt and pepper
                              a healthy dash of worcestershire
                              a moderate pour of A1 steaksauce
                              a shake or three of sriracha
                              a generous application of curry powder
                              half a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix

well mixed, shaped into a log, baked for maybe 25 minutes at 375.

It was delicious. I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning.
                              served with mashed potatoes and canned corn.
                              Last edited by kerrfunk; 01-22-2022, 10:58 AM.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                              X