a sleek new rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a sleek new rear end

one thing that always bothered me about m/c athstetics was the gargantuan rear fender hanging down and the accompaning stalk turn signals.nothing spoils the line of the bike more than these two things!!
    i just bought a gs1100ex a couple months ago, and was determined to "clean up the lines" on her.
    so here's my appearance mod: remove the rear turn signals and replace them with a set of small decorative lights(oval shaped).
    mount the lights on the sides of the rear plastic tail cone behind the seat and in front of the taillight (you only need to drill 3 small holes on each side to mount them- 15 minutes each.)
    next,remove the rear half of the fender(including licence plate bracket).now comes the tricky/creative part:fabricating a new 1/2 fender.
    i'm fortunate to work out of a sign fabricating shop so i have access to sheet metal and all the appropriate bending and cutting tools(yeah!!)
    with a little trial and error and with the help of a couple buddies(or was that beer)we were able to fab a really cool new chopped fender,completely functional and the licence plate mounts right to it.
    now the rear of the bike looks clean and flows beautifully with the rest of the bike.i'll post a picture as soon as i can comondere a digi camera.
    if you have any questions regarding this mod or have new one to share feel free to e-mail
Working...
X