How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast is is your old GS?

I was out here in Salem Oregon on a beautiful Sunny Day. I thought to myself, "hmmm, how fast will this old bike go?" So, I figured between 105-115mph. How fast for you?

Fast enough GS850

Comment

did 105 mph with it and had some power left,only my arms got twice the length they normally are :?

Comment

Early in the morning when the air is cool and there isnt any headwind, Priscilla smiles, stretches, and lopes along at an easy 120 at 3/4 throttle. If she's feeling particularly good, she could probably break 130 if conditions are right and I'm feet on the rear pegs and flat over the tank.

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

143 on a GS700E with mods.

Comment

164 mph

Comment

All I know is that I speed past my buddys' Harley and he said his clock was at about 115 (Harley rev limiter!) when I went past. I'm on a stock 1100EX and I weigh in at about 255 lbs.
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I WENT 80 MPH ONCE IN SECOND--NO NOT ONE SECOND

Comment

125 mp/h untill I had to back off, was a litlle more in it.
                  K&N pod filters bigger jets and a Marshall 4-1, 61 rear wheel hp on the dyno.
                  (O yeah, it's 60 pounds lighter than stock and has clip-on bars.)

Comment

Indicated 130+ mph, and still accelerating a bit, when my 83 GS750ES was still fairly new - probably in the 120's actual speed. Mag tested top speed at seal level was about 134 mph, so somewhat less probable at 5,300+ feet.

Comment

135MPH (218KPH) at redline in fifth gear. (due to the spedo only going to 85mph(140kph) I had to do the math to figure out how fast I got it.)
                      I have had my voyager to 100mph (160kph) and it seemed to like it, less than 1/4 throttle and the trip computer was showing 36mpg fuel consumption.
                      I have no idea of just how fast the big six will go but it is happier at speed than my gs.

PS: my friend has had his yamaha yzf r-1 up to 189 mph(306kph) showing on the digital display several times. (and the idiot doesnt wear a helmit)

Comment

I got clocked by the RCMP at 274Kph (165 - 170mph) on my 86 GS1150 :twisted:

Because I stopped when I saw the lights all I got was a $1000 fine, 6 month suspension and 9 points on my liscence

Had I trieed to run/keep the speed I would have done jail time! 8O

Comment

I had my 81 850 to 100 with some left. Plenty fast enough for me.

Comment

Buried my needle at 240 k an hour once...too damn fast but there you go

Comment

130mph on my 1100EZ with a ways to go on the tach, way back when I was immortal. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X