No announcement yet.

How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed 65MPH in first gear on my old H*nda CBR600 on a regular basis. But my EF only likes about 40.

Comment

im with Robert on this post, 5500 rpm at 85, got her up to 8000...so what about 110mph?
      no fairing sittin somewhat straight up (feet on front pegs)
      basically fast enough for me 8)
      Jus850

Comment

I don't know what the top end is on my GS but I had my Cushman up to 60 MPH once in second gear 8O (it only has two gears)

Comment

Flat-out

Well, I had the needle up around the 150 mark on my 1150 and the scarry part was it still seemed pretty smooth. Unlike Hank I did it when no one was around.

Comment

Old bikes, just how fast are they?

I have some tickets from the strip clocking me at 145 or so on multiple runs with my old 83 drag bike. So that's 0 to 145 mph in 1/4 mile. The stock 83 I have will run 100 all day long on an 1/8 mile. See my dickey site for the proof. Opps, it's got some larger jets, k&n filters and a pipe so it's not really stock. I think I was running around 110 on a full 1/4 with it. Top end on the stocker is aroung that 110 mark if I lay down. Sitting up and the speed rolls off fast. Keep in mind I weigh in at around 210lbs or so. Makes a BIG difference on these old low power jobs.

I drive 55 on my HD all the time. It's old too, so I had to throw it in there.
            I think I had it up to 70 once or twice.

Comment

OK, you are all under arrest for flagrent violation of speed laws.

Comment

How fast? Made 200km/h once too damn fast for me. Now How fast does it corner? The guys I ride with, Goldwings, Concours, Harlys etc are too slow in the twisties I am always waiting for them to catch me up. Now that's the speed that counts!

Comment

Colin, I agree that it's the twisties that separate the men (and women) from the.....................................road rash!

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Waters
                    Colin, I agree that it's the twisties that separate the men (and women) from the.....................................road rash!

Simon
                    But this discussion is about the machines capabilities not the riders

Comment

Originally posted by grandebob
                      OK, you are all under arrest for flagrent violation of speed laws.
                      Can't touch me on my admission! I have already been caught, seen the Magistrate and have been found guilty and punished accordingly by the Queens rules!

Comment

How fast

HankV,

Your bike couldn't be stock. Nitrous? please elaborate. Carter Turk
                        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

If I ever hit the edge of my speedo (80mph), that will be it... Speed is fun, but I've got a LT1 Trans Am for that...

The inspiration for the bike (besides an interesting mechanical project) was a few longer trips where I'd like to avoid feeding my T/A's gasoline habit, combined with the price I got it for...

Comment

My little old 550LZ tops out the speedo at 85. still pullin 6th gear about 7k rpm. Im not really a little guy either. 6'2" about 210 sitting straight up. Thinking about getting a bigger bike next year, mines a bit small for me.

Ports

Comment

10000rpm in 4th. 4500 in 4th is ~55mph so thats a bit over 110.

-=Whittey=-

P.S Yes I shifted to 5th, no I didn't punch it further. I did end up locking up the rear wheel for a brief instant on the slowdown though 8O

Comment

How Fast

82 GS650E Stock. 14,000 miles on the odometer.

I have a stretch of rode that has a few twisties followed by a lovely straight away just before you have to slow down to come into town....I haven't measured the distance yet.

I pushed it to just over 100 mph before I felt I needed to slow down.

Once I replace the chain and sprockets and put new seals on the forks I am going to have to find a track on which to play.

I think I wore that "I just went 100 mph on my bike" grin for days!

Comment

Working...
                                X