X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster than most cagers.....

Xxx

Comment

My guess would be about 130 from what I have left when I hit 85.

Comment

let the es wick up to 125 this morning. had to have a chat with her about not killing us both. naughty girl.
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I got the Bandit up to 100 mph, but then I got scared and shifted out of 2nd and let off. LOL
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I won't even try on my '77 GS 750 since I would have to go from Canada to Texas to get up to speed but my '08 GSF1250s gets up to 136 on the GPS almost quicker than I can react. Course I'm an old fart so that ain't saying much.

Comment

I out ran a honda civic that had a fart pipe exhaust, and a biga$$ wing on the back, does that count?? Oh wait, that was on my bicycle...

I have had my 1980 GS850G up over a hundred more than a few times. She has LOTS of go left up there, just don't see a reason to go faster...

Comment

Just got my 78 750 on the road. With pods and 2/1 exhaust with an overly rich mixture it, much to my surprise, will pull 100 mph.

I don't know how much to trust the speedo though as I get a lot of needle bounce at lower speeds.

Comment

i took the 1100 on the freeway for about a mile and was 5th pinned for like 5 seconds. however fast that would be as the speedo was buried at 80 in 4th gear lol.

Comment

1977 gs750

back in 1978 ran 12.9's at 103-5mph stock 12.5's with a pipe and jetting and indicated 125 wot just before i went into a lock to lock wobble (bent the fork stops) and got pitched 300-400 feet along the baltimore beltway. ground an inch off the left side footpeg and ground the dyno cover thin enough that a month after i put it back on the road it began to seep oil. got me my first ride in an ambulance.

Comment

1983 gs750e

I like to have a little fun on my way home from work on onramps, and areas of the highway that has a center divider, I have gotten my totally stock GS750E up to 110 on an onramp, and have gotten it up to 135 on some longer straights, but after about 115 it starts to level off.

Comment

My speedometer goes only to 85. What I like to do is haul butt in 5th gear then get off the gas put the breaks on you look down and the needle is still pegged on 85...
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                          My speedometer goes only to 85. What I like to do is haul butt in 5th gear then get off the gas put the breaks on you look down and the needle is still pegged on 85...
                          Lol...you guys need to get some canadian speedometers.
                          No signature

Comment

Yes I agree Trevor. How would one in the states go about getting a Canadian speedo? Also what MPH do they go to? Or are they KPH?
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              I got the Bandit up to 100 mph, but then I got scared and shifted out of 2nd and let off. LOL
                              Heh - I've had my wife's Bandit 1200 past 240kph indicated... And my old GSX was timed at 143mph through a flying 1/4 mile. And that was with a one tooth smaller than standard front sprocket. Never got the chance to try it with the bigger front sprocket. At least not timed... ...and my speedo stops at 240kph - which it was showing (OK - it was on the stops) at the timed 143mph... And that was in the days before GPS.
                              '07 Yamaha TTR 250 - Exercycle.
                              '95 Ducati 900 SL - Duclattery
                              '81 Suzuki/Yoshi GSX1135 ET/X - Yoshi
                              '84 Suzuki McIntosh - Mac
                              '74 Yamaha YZ125A - pain in the rrr's...

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                Yes I agree Trevor. How would one in the states go about getting a Canadian speedo? Also what MPH do they go to? Or are they KPH?
                                They're in kilometers. My 650 speedo goes to 240. You get used to converting in your head-whatever it reads in kms, just multiply by six, divide that by ten and add a bit more.....high level math like that keeps me awake...

Comment

Working...
                                X