How fast is is your old GS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed...

Well, out of 4 pages of reading material, I saw a few guys who don't want to speed at all (good), and only one that I agreed with. Sorry guy's I had my fun outrunning cops years ago, but now I keep my speed to the drag strip, so here goes.... how about 11.04 @ 119mph in a quarter mile for a stock Gs1100 with a crappy home built 4 into 1 header.

Comment

Some of you guys are in the running for fastest speedometer on earth awards 8O

Comment

Passed a friend on a gsxr11 at what he said was ''over 140 mph'' on my slightly modded GSX1000 Katana.

GSX1100 Katana barrels bored to 1170, Wiseco pistons, K&N's Stage 3 carb kit, welded and balanced crank, home polished head, complete ZZR 1100 front end, GSXR/ZZR rear end, GSXR rear sets, slightly geared down for acceleration so can be regeared for more top end, missed a gear draging it at a ''run what you brung'' meet in the Isle of Man two years ago, four bent valves & followers scored cam. hope to have it back on the street next year. Havn't had time/money to repair it up 'till now as I have spent the last year building a Harris 1100efe.

Speed is relative, I like my relative.

Comment

My 1100GZ only has an 85mph speedometer so I can't go any faster than that

Comment

Had my gs1100 shafty pegged the other day... hit a whopping 1.5 mph pushing it into the garage.........

on the other hand have a friend who rod his busa at 174 on rt5 in maryland with plenty left

Comment

Speed

Held it flat in 5th gear for a run and got up to 210kph at 8 grand but ran out of room as it was a roll-on from a slow start. My brother reckons the front wheel smokes when it touches the ground from a 3rd gear wheelie at 185kph and I have gone back and seen a 5 foot black mark where the front wheel tries to catch up again 8O

Comment

Lets not forget that motorcycle speedodometer's are not known for their accuracy when new, much less 20+ years old. Unless you are running thru a radar gun, and hopefully not one being held by a State Trooper, it's anyones guess. With that in mind, I have seen 140 indicated on my highly modified 83GS750E (with bodywork) and have yet to top out the TL but hear its good for about 165

Comment

My 1980 GS750E is just fast enough.....besides, who really cares with such a classic.

Scott

Comment

Well Ill tell you my parts gs got to 90 on the way to delivey......The whole one well Id guess it made it to 65.. It is at a loving home in herndon,VA
                    All you guys keep an eye out for them
                    !!!!

Comment

mine doesnt want to go much more than 55 or 60, rapping out in 6th pretty good around 4kmaybe hair more. stock original 80 450L

you guys are nuts, im a newbie though

Comment

I know that this isn't very responsible considering that I did this on a public road in broad daylight, so don't tell my kids, but I got my GS1000ST up to an indicated 200KPH (approx 125 MPH according to my calculator) @ 12000 RPM in third gear. (those yoshimura cams really make a difference)The headwind that I was creating was making the bike move around a little too much for comfort, so I slowed down and rode on at a more legal speed.

I went over a rise and had to immediately lock everything up, when I suddenly came upon a herd of cows crossing the road. If I'd continued on at my previous pace, we'd all have become hamburger. Even though I've done more mods since then, next time I try it all out, I'll do a full recon of the road, or better still, do it legally on a "ride day" at a track.

Comment

I feel the need...the need for speed

118 racing a Porsche on my old 1000....too busy really to notice if I went faster, have'nt tried yet on my 1150.....I'm older now with mortality on the brain.
                          Rick......

Comment

125mph... last night, stock GS700ES... Didn't think it could do it. Confirmed by speedo on '99 R1 in addition to mine, then my friend kicked is R1 down and left me in shock in awe.

But, thats it
                            G

Comment

My mate in Oregon just emailed me with the US road toll for 1992, 42,815 people dead in a 12 month period.

Big country and big population I know, so I guess it's all relative, but I just wondered how many died trying to determine the upper limits of their particular ride? (car or bike)

Comment

Originally posted by terry
                                My mate in Oregon just emailed me with the US road toll for 1992, 42,815 people dead in a 12 month period.

Big country and big population I know, so I guess it's all relative, but I just wondered how many died trying to determine the upper limits of their particular ride? (car or bike)
                                Interesting info... I'm sure the numbers are up now that many states no longer have helmet laws.

If the topic of the thread was 'How stupid are you?' my answer would of been the same... 125mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X