No announcement yet.

Names for our machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750 "79 Name is LUCE after Lucy, the family mongrel dog.

Reason:

The bike has GS850 forks, Wiseco pistons, had a Kawasaki seat and for some bizarre administrative reason, was (and still is), licensed as a trailer. It has now been transformed into a really disugustingly beautiful rat bike which enhances the mongrel status.

Rob

Comment

as follows.

82 V45 Sabre "Lumpy"(the new pony in the stable) my first honda.
      79 GS850G "Thing"(has yet to move under it's own power)
      82 GS650E "Bumble Bee"(buzzing sound at top gear) given away

Comment

I've only had the bike for a short time and it's name yet to come. Wednesday and Thursday it was *%*#%@ while I was attempting to easy-out two exhaust bolts out of the head. One of my students called it a monster that may end up the name.

Comment

Suzie.....

Comment

Never had a name for it before, but I do now: BROKEN
            Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
            "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
            1982 GS1100E
            1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

No name, if i was to give IT a name maybe "wtfnow"

Comment

GS Names

My college buddies came up with a fairly creative name for my 78 GS1000. The first day I rode it to school they saw it in the parking lot didn't know it was mine and said "hey, look at the relic." The name stuck. Its a fitting name because the next oldest bike in our group was a 1990 ZX11, followed by a 91 GS500, and then a 1998 Superhawk. If you read elsewhere's in GS Stories you will know that The Relic is dead. I will be building another 78 and I'll probably give it the cheeseball name "Relic 2."

Comment

Re: GS Names

Originally posted by JATO
                  My college buddies came up with a fairly creative name for my 78 GS1000. The first day I rode it to school they saw it in the parking lot didn't know it was mine and said "hey, look at the relic." The name stuck. Its a fitting name because the next oldest bike in our group was a 1990 ZX11, followed by a 91 GS500, and then a 1998 Superhawk. If you read elsewhere's in GS Stories you will know that The Relic is dead. I will be building another 78 and I'll probably give it the cheeseball name "Relic 2."
                  Same here man Mine has been called "Relic" by a few friends for the
                  same reason and also "The Beast".
                  One friend always referred to it as "A Blast From The Past"
                  I myself haven't named it.

Comment

Unless my brand new (to me) 1982 GS450T reveals its true name to me sometime soon, I'm going to call it the Rainmaker.

The day I bought it and brought it home in the back of my wife's truck it rained. The following weekend I rode it to the shop for tires and a state safety inspection and it rained. Went to pick it up 5 days later and rode it home in the rain. Took it out for a short ride and to fill the gas tank a couple days later and it rained. And guess what? It's raining now.

I'm going to have to take another MSF course just so I can ride on dry pavement I guess.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X