X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike Names

I just picked up my "new" first bike.
    A brand-new 1982 GS750E with 21K mi.
    I'll call her Red, because, well, she's red. Is that lame or what?

Comment

My bikes name is Betty, my now deceased 1988 Cavalier was named Athena, and my 1987 E150 is named Ursula. No female name could ever describe my crappy old 1983 CR250 so she was never named, probably because she was usually sorted out into baskets and ended up being sold that way.

For some reason it usually takes me a few months until I think of well suited names for my girls

Comment

dnusbaum oh it is so nice to have a twin bike around have to swap photo`s one of these day`s

Comment

When I got my bike it didn't look too pretty, in fact it was primer grey! Thus the name Grey Slag, (GS, get it, hah, hah.). Now that I've prettied her up, it is simply "The GS". 8)
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Hey, srivett,
            I had a pal who used to call his old Bultaco dirt bike, "Lucille" after BB King's song. I still can hear him singing,"Lucille, why do you treat me so bad?" As he tried to kick that beast over. :P
            I had a decrepit Honda 125 tials bike that I bought for $60 running and used to teach dirt riders-called it "Pony". Good old Pony taught quite a few women and kids!!
            Other good dirtbike names: Conan, Mufasa(a big old CR500 that you could hear 2 valleys over), BB (Bone Breaker). Many guys just called their bike after an ex wife or girlfriend so they could cuss at them!

Comment

Motomedic:
              I used to try and teach people how to ride on my CR250 but it was very mean to them I would warn them in advance that they had to manually reach down and put the kick starter back into its storage position but they would forget and be punished thoroughly for it! As soon as you would hammer the gas letting in the clutch the kick starter would fly up at 200mph and smack you in the back of the calf :twisted: . hehe, everybody who rode that bike for their first time, including me, had a big black bruise on there leg for a week and hobble around for 3 or 4 days. Luckily nobody ever forgot to put the kickstarter back after that.

Steve

Comment

My wife named her Suki and I call the the Valk The Beast. Even my step son calls it The Beast. When I first got it he came up to me one morning. Dad can we take The Beast to school this morning? I said sure. Sure scared all the cell phone talkin, fu fu coffee drinking make up puttin on SUV drivin housewives to death when we pulled up.

Comment

I don't usually name my motorcycles but when you have two of the same model you have to distinquish them somehow. The one I've restored and had awhile, is just called Turbo. The other one came later and looks like s**t, so it became Number Two.
                  Axel

Comment

Names For Bikes

MINES 'BLACK BEAUTY', PROBABLY NOT ORIGINAL, BUT IT SURE FITS!!!
                    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

The kids named mine Mr. White, it is white GS750ES with red stripe. I tried to push for Miss White, but my wife complained

Comment

Whats' in a name?

My 1150ES, I just wound up calling it "The Beast" mostly because I'm the one who turns the bikes (Me & wifes also) around in the garage pointed 'out'.
                        My wife just calls hers' "MINE"

Rick.........

Comment

Some times I call it Pig, Like if it dies when I haven't set the choke just right.

Other times it's holy @#%&. When I punch it to climb out of a valley and I find myself going much faster than I like.

Still others it's the baby, if I am cleaning.

But when I am riding it is too much a part of me to give it it's own name.

Comment

Usually the GS is called beauty....smooth as silk and full of grace...but this year with all the trouble I have had it has been inching toward another name starting with a "b". The Beauty part came about as sort of counter point to "the Beast" wich is what a friend of mine named my truck after he borrowed it one day ( i forgot to tell him about a few little ol' mods that had been done) I guess it kinda scared him, but they both came back in one piece...and he was smilin'. I prefer to call it the Hell Raisin...stole the name from my friends ol' lady's lipstick that happened to be the same color....at least I keep my self amused.

Comment

I named my 78 GS1000E "The Velvet Fist" or just "Velvet" for short. I just finished the motor. 1085 kit from wiseco,they sorta jerked me around on that, after many years of great service. 3 angle valve job w/new valves, springs and seals. 34mm mikuni flatslides, dyna ignition, V&H pipe. Looking to get more "Fist" out of the old girl. plenty more to do yet though.

Comment

Noisy, Leaky, Clunky!!!

Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X