Removing the stator cover tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ice109
    w/e man it was just me joking, i realize that sometimes i am not descriptive enuff
    \
    you ar still way off base. and if it worked for you without exploding the battery it was dumb luck. that wasnt a tip it was a sabotege. any one with the slightest knowledge of electricity would never do an uncontrolled thing like that. You explanation was as poor as your idea and you suposed joke "MAN"

try this and maybe it will work

Bigdadd63 (6:09:59 PM): Just put the bike on your jack so you can turn rear wheel in 4th gear and when magnets get in between rotor it will come right off
    Bigdadd63 (6:10:37 PM): between stator!

Comment

yea that might work but my method works 1 because it worked and 2 because i got a from a trust worthy smart source. as if im really trying to kill all of u, why would u put it in 4th?

Comment

in the higher gear you get the same effect when pushing the wheel as you wold when the engine is trying to push the bike when in first
        . I know he said fourth instead of fifth because he and i were bred on bikes with 4 speed transmissions.

Comment

you guys are all losers, other than the physics guy who is not a loser but none the less did not understand me. connect one lead, both sides of the red jumper cable the the terminals of the battery. one red goes to positive and the other red goes to negative, yes this creates a short but jumper cables are high enuff gauge that they will not weld for a while. a couple turns off the jumper cable does work. the battery might not generate enuff current to demagnitize a fresh stator but if u leave it off the battery over night the electrons will eb just into the surrounding air thus lowering the magnetic field of the stator, i too am a physics major. just try it guys
          I'm not worried about welding the cable to itself...I am worried about welding the cable to the battery terminals and blowing up a battery. Also, a stator is not magnetized...a magnetic field from the rotating magnets on the rotor/flywheel causes current to flow in the stator until it becomes flux field saturated. A stator just out of the box has no magnetic properties.

The physics major made some good points but while Maxwell's equations are applicable here you also need to include Gauss's law to fully explain the process. They both involve vector forces using three (five, really, when you jump into the deep study of this stuff) partial differential equations involving gradient, divergence, and curl (no joke) that are both confusing and complex. I doubt seriously that you have studied this area enough to fully understand it. I spent a good portion of my engineering degree studying this stuff and still get very confused by it at times. A good reference guide is "Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics" by Ramo, Whinnery, and Van Duzer and published by John Wiley & Sons Press.

If it worked for you then I am glad...I would like to see it demonstrated in person before I attempted it on my bike.

Hap

Comment

Oh yeah, a bunch of guys used to call me a loser in high school because I was a geek...they work for me now.

Hap
            Success is the best revenge.

Comment

i have a great respect for anyone how knows what they're talking about and hap you definitley do. this is my second year of physics and we're in the process of learning about thermo dynamics, conductivety, heats, linear expansion, we haven't gotten to this stuff yet. but this tip was given to me by my physics teacher and he definitley knows what he's talking about.

Comment

I'm not worried about welding the cable to itself...I am worried about welding the cable to the battery terminals and blowing up a battery. Also, a stator is not magnetized...a magnetic field from the rotating magnets on the rotor/flywheel causes current to flow in the stator until it becomes flux field saturated. A stator just out of the box has no magnetic properties.

The physics major made some good points but while Maxwell's equations are applicable here you also need to include Gauss's law to fully explain the process. They both involve vector forces using three (five, really, when you jump into the deep study of this stuff) partial differential equations involving gradient, divergence, and curl (no joke) that are both confusing and complex. I doubt seriously that you have studied this area enough to fully understand it. I spent a good portion of my engineering degree studying this stuff and still get very confused by it at times. A good reference guide is "Fields and Waves in Communication Electronics" by Ramo, Whinnery, and Van Duzer and published by John Wiley & Sons Press.

ooooooooook

Comment

Originally posted by Hap
                  Also, a stator is not magnetized...a magnetic field from the rotating magnets on the rotor/flywheel causes current to flow in the stator until it becomes flux field saturated.
                  I tried to express that in the 5th response to this post. For the record I wouldn't short a battery out like that either. I've only had to remove the stator cover once in seventeen years and it wasn't that tough once the seal is broken.

Comment

i have a great respect for anyone how knows what they're talking about and hap you definitley do. this is my second year of physics and we're in the process of learning about thermo dynamics, conductivety, heats, linear expansion, we haven't gotten to this stuff yet. but this tip was given to me by my physics teacher and he definitley knows what he's talking about.
                    Do you know how to ride your bike ice109?

Here are some tips, first you you rev it up to 12.500 rpm with no gear in, for a couple of ours, after that it becomes 120% more power.

After that excercice you could speak to your grandma and ask here for some more tips.

Comment

AS my tag line sometimes reads, in theory, theory and practice are the same, in practice.....................
                      If I accept that the idea will work, my next consideration is, is it safe to do so? In practice, I do not think it is a good idea to short a battery with a heavy guage jumper cable because the risk of an explosion is too great.
                      I am wondering if your teacher owns a motorcycle and practices this method.

Earl

[quote="ice109"
                      this tip was given to me by my physics teacher and he definitley knows what he's talking about.[/quote]
                      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

yea my teacher owns a motorcycle, built a duster from the ground up, is always right...? do u need more credentials, you know what it doesn't matter, no one is forcing you to do this.

Comment

yea my teacher owns a motorcycle, built a duster from the ground up, is always right...? do u need more credentials, you know what it doesn't matter, no one is forcing you to do this.
                          My point is, that this site has normally a serious touch, and any ideas are welcome and will mostly get commented.

But you just put something out here from the blue, and called us who tried to understand your idea, a bunch of losers.

Comment

yea well i guess im just one of them young folks who doesn't know how to talk good. :roll:

Comment

Ice, I appreciate the fact you take part in the forums...you have certainly stirred things in this pot! I have my reservations about your suggestion but I am glad you posted it!

Hap

Comment

Well ice, I'll take a raincheck.
                                Earl

All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X