Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just perused this topic, hope to see the link developed. I've not seen a link so far on the pages here... no activity on this project? I will have my GS850 manual in hand within the next few days and would be happy to submit those specs for inclusion. A standardized form to fill in the blanks with sounds like a great idea to me.

Comment

it's been to nice to sit behind a screen and waste 8 hours organizing the info, i think we basically have all the models covered it just needs it to be easily read. i have a word file started that has started to organize 1/3 the info. when the weather gets bad i wil pick it back up.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I was looking for specs for '77 GS-550, and I suspect the specs here aren't quite right.. or.. I'm mixing up the screws ;-)

GS550L (77-79) the specs are for the VM's

air screw 2.0 turns back
        pilot screw 1.0

I think that's telling me to set the pilot air (screw on side top of carb, the one that's easy to get to) to 2.0 turns out, and the 'mysterious emissions screw' under the carb to 1.0. I set my carbs there, they are totally clean, floats are perfect..etc... bench synced..etc.. And the bike will not idle at all without choke on. With the choke on, I could probably ride it (albeit a little rich) the mid-range and above circuits are certainly operating nicely.

Could it be as simple as..whoops, got them reversed? I thought I'd check here, perhaps someone knows.. before I go about spending a lot of time tweaking things.

Comment

1981 gs 850gl?

Anyone know the 1981 gs 850 settings? maybe I missed it but I think I only say the 1980 gs 850?

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I have a question on the carbs for the 83 GS1100GKD. I had purchased the bike recently with the pilot screw (air screw, mixture screw setting?) on carb #1turned all the way down and the slot broken out. I finally got it drilled out, I didn't damaged the carb, but I have no idea where it should be set. Also I think the others have been messed with as well. I am running rich on all the carbs and my plugs keep getting gas fouled. I am currently waiting on the rebuild kits, thinking this may be alot of my problems. So my question is.. Is there a specific amount of turns listed anywhere? Thanks, Chris
            Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2006, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crsticken
              I know this is an old thread but I have a question on the carbs for the 83 GS1100GKD. I had purchased the bike recently with the pilot screw (air screw, mixture screw setting?) on carb #1turned all the way down and the slot broken out. I finally got it drilled out, I didn't damaged the carb, but I have no idea where it should be set. Also I think the others have been messed with as well. I am running rich on all the carbs and my plugs keep getting gas fouled. I am currently waiting on the rebuild kits, thinking this may be alot of my problems. So my question is.. Is there a specific amount of turns listed anywhere? Thanks, Chris
              There is no specific number of turns. If you get more than about 4 turns out then you need a bigger pilot jet to make the pilot circuit richer. Likewise if you have to close them down next to nothing then a smaller pilot jet is needed. Usually if the proper size pilot jet is installed then 1 1/2 to 2 turns out will be a good starting point. After that adjust each pilot screw for the smoothest, highest idle you can get out of each carb.

Comment

Thank You. At least I know where to start now. Thanks again, Chris

Comment

OK.. I've finally got the carbs almost right after completely rebuilding. I've got the carbs so that they are just about burning cleanly. Does anyone have any objections, to isolate each carb from one another during fine tuning, to firing the bike one cylinder at a time by disconnecting spark plug wires to fine tune each carb to highest idle possible and burn clean but not too lean? I want to do this because I am having trouble determining which one is running rich. I know you can tell by the plugs, but I believe this would simplify the process. Thanks, Chris
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2006, 06:11 PM.

Comment

You're not going to get a 4 cylinder bike to run on one cylinder at a time. You can still adjust each mixture screw using the highest idle method. You need to consider a vacuum synch preceded by adjusting your valves.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Ok, Thank You

Comment

Any Carb Specs For '85 Gs550e?

Originally posted by Anonymous
                        Hello guys, do you have any carb specs for 1985 GS550E? Would appreciate any info... Thanks

Did you ever get the Carbs specs?? I have a 1985 GS550E also.

.........................indiandn

Comment

1982 GS540 Carbs

1982 GS450 Carbs

The Mikuni BS34SS is a Suzuki OEM number, the actual carb is a VM34

Stock jets:

Mikuni pilot jet part #004-003 (17.5)

Mikuni main jet part #004-291 (115)

www.sudco.com sells the jets, remember to resize jets if you modify the airbox or modify the exhaust system. I currently have K & N air filters and a 2 into 1 exhaust system. This bike runs best with:

22.5 pilot jets #004-005

and

125 main jets #004-295
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorge View Post
                            Ryan, here are the numbers for the 82/83 GS1100

GS 1100
                            1982-83
                            G, GL, GK Model

Carb ???????. Mikuni BS34SS (4 separate carbs)
                            bore size ?????. 34mm (1.34)
                            id no ???????. 49400
                            idle r/min???.... 1050 +/- 100 r/min
                            fuel level ?????. 5.0mm +/- 0.5 (0.20 +/- 0.02)
                            float height ???? 22.4mm +/- 1.0 (0.88 +/- 0.04)
                            Main jet??????. #115
                            Main Air jet????? 1.7
                            jet needle?????.. 5D58
                            Needle Jet?????? X - 3
                            Pilot Jet??..????. #40
                            By-pass?.?????? 0.9, 0.8, 0.8 (0.04, 0.03, 0.03)
                            Pilot Outlet?????? 0.7
                            Valve seat?????? 2.0
                            Starter jet?????? #50
                            Pilot Screw............. PRE-SET
                            Pilot Air Jet?????..#170
                            throttle cable play ?. 0.5 ? 1.0 (0.02, 0.04)
                            Choke Cable Play??. 0.5 ? 1.0 (0.02, 0.04)
                            This helped me out quite a bit.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Anyone has the settings for a '88 GSX600FJ Katana?

Comment

Any specs on '81 GS750E?

Comment

Working...
                                X