No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Good looking Slingshot next to it as well.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by superawesome View Post
      Saw this shiny one at a dealership in Le Noirmont, Switzerland, a few weeks ago. Looks like an 81 or 82 model to me, but I wouldn't know for sure.

That's an '81. Square headlight easiest giveaway. (1980?)
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I would say either '80 or '81. Don't know that particular model enough to know all the details.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Not sure why but in all my years of riding around the Portland/Vancouver area I have only seen 2 GS Suzuki’s. One was an 83 identical to mine at the Oaks park OVMC meet about 8years ago,the other was a stock appearing 77 or 78 750 that just happened to be riding the same direction. At least in these two cities you would think there would be more than a few around.

Comment

Originally posted by red1100 View Post
            Not sure why but in all my years of riding around the Portland/Vancouver area I have only seen 2 GS Suzuki’s. One was an 83 identical to mine at the Oaks park OVMC meet about 8years ago,the other was a stock appearing 77 or 78 750 that just happened to be riding the same direction. At least in these two cities you would think there would be more than a few around.
            They're around.

I used to think the same thing about Albuquerque. Where'd they all go? Once I took a closer look, over the past few years ive seen several.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I actually saw one yesterday in town. Only a quick glimpse, but it looked like a late 70s 550 or 750. Ratty, flat black, no rear fender, but surprisingly it had a decent looking uncut stock exhaust.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

saw the gs450matic that i posted on the for sale section today, talked to dude and told him about the valve adjustment, he didnt know what it was but he said the owner told him he did it recently, told him search this website up for help, didnt seem half bad just rough cosmetically, engine may have been louder than exhaust it was stock.

meant i saw the bike today, posted it a little while ago on here
                Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
                1982 XS650

Comment

Saw an 82 1100e in maroon earlier today. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture or an opportunity to chat with its owner. Nice to see one in the wild.
                  sigpic

Glen
                  -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

My buddy that owns the Suzuki dealership that I just ordered the GTA from today has some great old bikes too....Doug cane to my Wes Cooley party 4 years ago and brought along the tank to have Wes sign it.

No signature

Comment

Trevor, that is a gorgeous bike.
                      I had one of those Yosh pipes years ago and it was LOUD.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                        Trevor, that is a gorgeous bike.
                        I had one of those Yosh pipes years ago and it was LOUD.
                        Yeah it is...lol...he's looking for the proper badge for it.
                        No signature

Comment

What a beautiful bike.
                          1986 1150EF
                          2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            My buddy that owns the Suzuki dealership that I just ordered the GTA from today has some great old bikes too....Doug cane to my Wes Cooley party 4 years ago and brought along the tank to have Wes sign it.

Wow, that look so cool. He surely have massive collection.

Comment

Caught a glimpse of what looked like a yellow GS (not sure which model but tail looked early 80's) in my hometown of Ipswich MA yesterday--member's bike by any chance?
                              1978 GS 750 E
                              1979 XS11 Standard
                              1973 CB450

Comment

In the first five minutes of 1978's "Game of Death" with B. Lee & K. Abdul-Jabbar. I think it's a nice example of a Yamaha two stroke twin. Am I right?
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X