No announcement yet.

GS Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat., Sept 3. Jones-Maltsberger Rd, San Antonio. Mid-morning.

Saw what I think was a 550M yesterday while riding around San Antonio Saturday morning. Not sure if it's anyone here.

Comment

I saw this fellow in a nice 650G this morning on the I405 heading north in Irvine.Anybody here?
      Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
      Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
      '84 Honda VFR 500
      '86 GSXR 750
      http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Nice Kat.

Spotted a very nice Katana although I couln't tell if it was the 1000 or 1100. Just on my way home from a swap meet and it was parked along 48th street in Denver. Also got to gawk at an xs650 flat tracker and a nice cb550 cafe. Scored some banshee carbs for cheap and some DID's for the Superhawk as well.

Comment

9/11/11 Central Ave Albany, NY black GS

saw black GS cross in front of me and my girlfriend on my bike 9.11.11 in ALBANY, NY- I was headed towards washington park and the rider was going west on central ave towards schenectady.
          The rider slowed down and noticed my bike and was obviously excited about it- we gave thumbs up and he rode off.

(great story.)

Comment

When I pulled into bike parking at the college today I noticed a vintage looking flat black bike there. As I got closer I noticed it was an old Zuke that some guy had bobbed. It was a 550E and I'm guessing something like an 82 or so. I was kind of saddened by the typical bob/flat black, but it was cool to see someone else with a vintage bike in parking there. Up until then mine was the only one I had seen that was pre-90's. I have to keep an eye out for the owner now.

Comment

I'm not very good identifying the year and size from a distance. But it's a GS nonetheless.

I spotted a black with blue stripes 197? Suzuki GS750 right next to my work at Ballard Firestone. Whoever you are, I left a note under your fuel cap.

And then while I was making a delivery, I spotted a blue and light blue GS???L on 50th NW street close to UW. I think that was the same one I saw a few months ago. I must bring my camera next time!

Comment

BackFire

I was at the Backfire get together in Ballard tonight. Hundreds of bikes and only 5 gs's including mine.
                one was a beat up 250.
                Another was a 750es.
                Then there was a poor excuse for a 78 550.
                A Champagne 1100E in decent shape.
                And a beautiful green and silver 450.
                I saw four Ducati Diavels. F*ing beautiful
                A Honda NSR 500
                My friend's friend '36 Indian.
                I thought I remembered to put my extra patches in my coat pocket but they didn't make it. Damn.
                If any Seattle locals want to see some cool bikes and more than a few ladies head on down.
                3rd wednesday of every month at the Bit saloon in Ballard.Oh they have some berr there too
                checkout backfire motorcycle night on FB.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rlong74 View Post
                  I was at the Backfire get together in Ballard tonight. Hundreds of bikes and only 5 gs's including mine.
                  one was a beat up 250.
                  Another was a 750es.
                  Then there was a poor excuse for a 78 550.
                  A Champagne 1100E in decent shape.
                  And a beautiful green and silver 450.
                  I saw four Ducati Diavels. F*ing beautiful
                  A Honda NSR 500
                  My friend's friend '36 Indian.
                  I thought I remembered to put my extra patches in my coat pocket but they didn't make it. Damn.
                  If any Seattle locals want to see some cool bikes and more than a few ladies head on down.
                  3rd wednesday of every month at the Bit saloon in Ballard.Oh they have some berr there too
                  checkout backfire motorcycle night on FB.
                  OMG! I did not know it was tonight! No wonder there were so many bikes on the road today. I will be there for October.... in a car.

Oh wait.... I'm not old enough for beer. Am I allowed to come?

Did you happen to see a black and blue GS750? It was a 1979 model I think. Had no side covers and a 4-1 exhaust. I see that guy parked next to my work almost everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                    OMG! I did not know it was tonight! No wonder there were so many bikes on the road today. I will be there for October.... in a car.

Oh wait.... I'm not old enough for beer. Am I allowed to come?

Did you happen to see a black and blue GS750? It was a 1979 model I think. Had no side covers and a 4-1 exhaust. I see that guy parked next to my work almost everyday.
                    the 750es i saw was black and blue but i don't thik that's the one you were talking about.

Comment

Wow. I've seen a total of 5 different GS's in 2 weeks. They won't leave me alone! Something tells me that I will be a GS owner again soon.....

Anyways, I spotted this GS700E on 8th Ave at 77th st in Ballard while doing a tire delivery. I think it's being ridden. It's in very nice shape!

And here's another GS on 50th street near UW while doing a tire run. I don't know what kind of GS it is but it IS a GS. It's a shaft drive L model. I'm thinking GS650GL. This one's been sitting in the exact same spot for a while. Blurry picture since I had to zoom in.

Thank goodness I had my iphone with me.

Comment

FC,
                        Did you sell your 1100?

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
                          FC,
                          Did you sell your 1100?
                          Yup, it's gone.

Comment

ES, Grand Haven MI

Saw a blue-n-white ES, downtown Grand Haven yesterday (Thu Oct 6th) late afternoon. Went thru intersection while I was stopped at a light.
                            I had camera and was tring to chase after, but With all the stop lights, and construction detours, I could not catch up before lost track, to see if 750, 1000 or 1100 (I dont really know what all might be).

I dont think it was 78GregGS750 from Muskegon because I didnt recognize the jacket, and I think he would have recognized me and GK.

I may have seen that same ES (1000?) last year on a summer sunday also downtown.

Dave.
                            Last edited by Redman; 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                              Yup, it's gone.
                              Young man, this is disturbing news. I'm going to give you some advice for happiness: 1) Get a bike. One that runs. Doesn't matter what make or model, or year. 2) Ride the dickens out of it.
                              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                                It was a 550E and I'm guessing something like an 82 or so. I was kind of saddened by the typical bob/flat black, but it was cool to see someone else with a vintage bike in parking there. Up until then mine was the only one I had seen that was pre-90's.
                                '82 is vintage!? Damn, I'm getting old.

Comment

Working...
                                X