Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Sightings

Hi all,
    Thought I's start a thread for posting GS Sightings. If you see a GS on your travels let us know. Start adding sightings!
    Maybe we need a seperate forum for this.

Late 90's bright yellow GS500E with full sport dress in mint condition sighted at the parking lot outside The South China Buffet off route 72 in Lebanon PA April 8th 2004 during lunch hour (noon).

Did not see the owner, just the bike.

Comment

I've seen 3 GS'es on the side of a barn yesterday in Winchester NH.
      2 of them looked like GS750/700's. One with the fairing, one without. The other GS could have been a GS650.
      Seemed they made room on the patio for a Kawasaki Vulcan 8O :x :roll:
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Theres a '80 GS550E in my drive way waiting for its owner to learn how to ride...

Comment

Including mine, there are 3 very sorry looking GS400s riding around Ottawa that I've seen. I've seen some nice GS400s too. There are lots of GSs for sale in town too, all under 2 grand CDN.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
            I've seen 3 GS's on the side of a barn yesterday in Winchester NH.
            2 of them looked like GS750/700's. One with the fairing, one without. The other GS could have been a GS650.
            Don't hate them Doug, some people are just confused. It is the job of us disciples of the GS to go show them the error of their ways. I suggest we get a group of GS riders together and drive up and show interest in them. Restore their faith in the value of those old bikes

Comment

Saw a very nice GS550E today on my way to the shops, a blue one

And there is a GS1100S standing in my house...

Comment

Saw a maroon GS850G today. It was parked at the local dealer and looked to be atleast 20 years old! Not really much to write home about, it was used and abused at 92,000 km.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

I saw a very nice 850 broke down on the side of the road with its vintage (mid70's) owner rolling out his tool roll next to it.
                  it tore me up having to go on by without stopping, but I was on my way to a road call for work and couldnt stop.
                  it still hurts knowing I left a fellow GS'er stranded on the side of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy
                    I saw a very nice 850 broke down on the side of the road with its vintage (mid70's) owner rolling out his tool roll next to it.
                    it tore me up having to go on by without stopping, but I was on my way to a road call for work and couldnt stop.
                    it still hurts knowing I left a fellow GS'er stranded on the side of the road.
                    We do what we can when we can. Stop next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                      Originally posted by crag antler
                      I've seen 3 GS's on the side of a barn yesterday in Winchester NH.
                      Don't hate them Doug, some people are just confused. It is the job of us disciples of the GS to go show them the error of their ways. I suggest we get a group of GS riders together and drive up and show interest in them. Restore their faith in the value of those old bikes
                      Why do I get visions of that biker gang in Every Which Way But Loose.

Comment

Both a GS400 and a GS450 at Paparo's today in for service. I didn't get years but the 450 looked really good and had 8k miles on it. The 400 was repainted and had no emblems and a lot more miles. Both bikes are owned by women. Both were blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                          Both a GS400 and a GS450 at Paparo's today in for service. I didn't get years but the 450 looked really good and had 8k miles on it. The 400 was repainted and had no emblems and a lot more miles. Both bikes are owned by women. Both were blue.
                          Blue women.............very exotic!

BB

Comment

Originally posted by Bolder Biker
                            Blue women.............very exotic! BB

Comment

Oh man, I got to hear the 82 seca 650 I park beside run today. What a nice sound...ofcourse my 400 stalled while I was looking at the seca. The whirring sound of a 4 is way better than the pitiful thump....thump....pause...pffft....pffft...pause.. ...thump... of a twin.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X