Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOOK<<<<<theres one
    Originally posted by srivett
    Oh man, I got to hear the 82 seca 650 I park beside run today. What a nice sound...ofcourse my 400 stalled while I was looking at the seca. The whirring sound of a 4 is way better than the pitiful thump....thump....pause...pffft....pffft...pause.. ...thump... of a twin.

Steve
    just think of the twin as having twice the class then you wont feel so bad

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
      Oh man, I got to hear the 82 seca 650 I park beside run today. What a nice sound...ofcourse my 400 stalled while I was looking at the seca. The whirring sound of a 4 is way better than the pitiful thump....thump....pause...pffft....pffft...pause.. ...thump... of a twin.

Steve
      I had one of those Steve Mine was the Turbo. Indeed they are intoxicating. I will own it again someday if I can work it out. Those engines are similar in there heartiness and durability to the GS engine.
      And they hold a tune up for a long time.

Comment

Here's one in Ottawa that's got a blower, it's an 82

New tires, new brakes, new fork seals, new steering head bearings.
        Certified, and ready to roll. A fun little bike, offering high
        performance and fuel economy in one package.

$2,675

Call Dave 613-830-7378

Comment

errrr
          tax money is gone already.
          But some day this will happen.

I have been told you can still get them from Japan in their
          crates yet. But no one to bring them over.

Comment

All twins are not pitiful in sound-you should hear the TL1000 with full race Yosh RS3's- it will set off car alarms and drown out all inline 4's below 8,000 rpm. I guess all you need is another 600cc to set that guy straight. Besides it is only a Yamaha. Ride On, Ed.

Comment

And I still love the sound of my GT250's twin. Nothing like that burble. That and the 2 stroke sound :twisted:
              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
              2000 Kawasaki Concours
              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
                And I still love the sound of my GT250's twin. Nothing like that burble. That and the 2 stroke sound :twisted:
                And the wheelies, and the "escape device" smoke screen! :twisted:
                Kevin
                E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

found an 82 gs450t in my friends grandfathers barn under an old tarp. I'm gonna help them get it back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Watson
                    found an 82 gs450t in my friends grandfathers barn under an old tarp. I'm gonna help them get it back on the road.
                    Cool man!

I saw a brown slightly fightered GS850G today at the gas station running with a old Gixxer and 5 or 6 Harleys.

Comment

Hmmm. Saw a 650G and a 16 valve 750 down at my buddy's shop. There was also an 1100 like mine, but someone had painted it black and put a regular size headlight on it. It had 80 or 90 thousand kms on it. These bikes were in for service. 8)
                      Kevin
                      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Went to Paparo's tonight to check on my engine progress and there is a GS400 there for service and a really nice 79? GS1000 just like mine with the red paint on it and 14k miles. In for service and a tune up.

Comment

GS in Columbus, OH

Very nice early 80's GS 750? in columbus, OH. Turning left at the light at 62 and Stygler Rd. Saw it on my way to "the Rice Paddy" to pick up some parts for my very nice 78 GS550E. Wish I would have been on my bike. I would have done a u-turn and rode with him for a while.

With Ohio being one of the biggest motorcycling states, I thought I would surely see more old GS's out on the streets. Unfortunately, we have a lot of Harley nuts around here though. I have to give them credit though, about 90% give the wave as you pass on the road, and I have even had one at the gas station complement me on my bike.

Chad
                          1978 GS550E Columbus, OH IN SEARCH OF OTHER CLASSIC GS'S TO RIDE IN COLUMBUS AND THE HILLS OF SOUTHERN OHIO WITH.

Comment

Today I was coming back from a 40 mile ride on my Katana and spotted a '80 or '81 GS1100 sitting in front of the local barber shop, semi-flat black paint, single seat with the original tailend angled slightly upwards behind it, round headlight, billet triple trees, K&N pod filters and a modern canister exhaust fitted. I did a U-turn and stopped next to it, checking it out with the engine running, kinda hoping the owner was nearbye to give some explanation about it but he wasn't... Pretty cool bike!

Comment

Saw a '83 GS750 ride by, the later type anyway, white with blue stickers and a tophalf fairing. The GS density is actually pretty high here, if I search for "GS" on www.marktplaats.nl I get over a hundred results including 2 GS1000S' 8O and three "real" Katana's, 2 1100's and a 750. =P~ This gets me greedy :twisted:

Comment

Couple of pics...

The 2 GS1000S'

Katana 1100

Another one, very nice this one

Comment

Working...
                                X