BUILDING AN I.C.B.M. KATANA 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Billy,

do you know where I can find some 34 or 36mm flats?? used that is.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I see them on Ebay from time to time. If you can get a copy of Cycle News from somewhere there are tons of parts sold there in the classifieds by racers. Watch dragbike.com too.

Comment

thanks m8.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Richie
          looks good, but on that frame diagram with the colors, check out the bracing letter F, i dont think a header will work with that bracing there...just a thought, id hate to see you do it all up and you know..well tlak to you later, Richie
          Yeah, the page at oldskool mentions this problem specifically. Guess it all depends on which header you have?

Comment

Originally posted by morthrane
            Originally posted by Richie
            looks good, but on that frame diagram with the colors, check out the bracing letter F, i dont think a header will work with that bracing there...just a thought, id hate to see you do it all up and you know..well tlak to you later, Richie
            Yeah, the page at oldskool mentions this problem specifically. Guess it all depends on which header you have?
            Arnout ( www.gsx1100.com ) used smaller diameter round stock in an X to avoid clearance problems and it's still tight to get to some header bolts.

Comment

I am in a bit of a stall right now as I decide whether I am going to put on rear sets and go for the gsxr swing arm?????????????

decisions, decisions........ I don't really want to go buy a new pipe though, but until I resolve this I can't get the welding done incase I go with rearsets......

It's funny how a 1000.00 upgrade turns into a monumental undertaking....IS THERE NO END!!!! oK i feel better.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                I am in a bit of a stall right now as I decide whether I am going to put on rear sets and go for the gsxr swing arm?????????????

decisions, decisions........ I don't really want to go buy a new pipe though, but until I resolve this I can't get the welding done incase I go with rearsets......

It's funny how a 1000.00 upgrade turns into a monumental undertaking....IS THERE NO END!!!! oK i feel better.
                Go with the rearsets and Gsx-r swingarm and remodel your pipe or have it done

Comment

can't really remod the pipe...

it is a brand new chrome vance/hines megaphone.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

for all you modders(if thats a word !!) out there : check out this "baby" done last summer in engineering colaboration with Swanny here on the GS forum(went and visited him in CO for some mixed ideeas) !! I had the appreciation so far of a lot of GS fans and other vintage racers and also OF COURSE the very much IMPROVED respect of all them kids or no kids out there in Albuquerque are with their 10K bikes all shinny and new ) the same mods discussed here were done on my bike too but in my case I just read the info , put in app. in the "barn" and here we have it ! spent almost 5 months and about $2500 to get here !
                    NOW she's up for a revamp : complete strip, reinforce frame, replace that custom VH/Yoshimura exhaust with Bassani headers (straight down the middle - helps cornering on the right side - problems caused with those low low front forks as im sure everybody knows) and Yoshimura pipe, freshen up the engine: replace with 82 Kat 1000 motor stock with only 10800 miles on it and change in that the cylinders - 1068 kit, the head with my ported head and the 348 cams, the clutch with the billet one :, also will put 33mm old school smoothies, powder coat frame swingarm black, powder coat wheels black rim with white spokes, and clean up that mess of a wirring harness and cables going to that beautiful GSXR 750 2002 set of gauges ---- oh oh - also replace the front forks from 99 to 2002 ) I already have the custom triple on it and custom top clamp with risers for the regular bars !!!!

Questions are welcome ! Pictures.......hmm.. I hope they will show up on the forum here ...if not .....pls email for them it will be worth your while !!! Also : went one time at the drags before 1168 , cams amd smoothies and the Dyna 2K ignition and at this altitude (5800) and 90F I pulled out a 12.2 at 109.8mph with stock tire and nobars (bike weighed then 485 wtih 1 1/2 gal and rider of 170lbs) !

Good luck to all of you that love the GS and make all that mods - its a hell of a job to take on and finish !!!!!! Pictures : this is from the back (no, its not and open pipe just and Yoshimura off a R1) this one is from the side (rear wheel is a ZX7 wheel 5.5, and the speedo sensor is mounted on the sporcket nut ) and this one is from the front (windshield is a Kawasaki upside down custom cut and mounted) email Q's to lara-croft@att.net ! P>S> Headlight is off a SV650 and has an excellent beam with a 90/100 bulb ! 8)

Comment

Nice job fbg. Here a a few shots of mine.
                      [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAkA1QXRaYw2s4HfTbxYEzCbPFvKJ4gq5cAe6m5kxFbNq5aU ZbwLrdW7atQ7PWbSlpY934at0F*W!x2czSvBhvxdnHgtwJf5U9 KAlRXn31qNlRBgarePXdt4PlA3!Kx/2003_0531_081357AA.JPG?dc=4675424385509326779[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VADyAlQXR6Yw2s4HfTbxYMCFFlY6Wl1BLxg0hB8ssiavDQGjo Xt5Jv9aYn9iLc6KJ*l6uu*RWvANq7YhogPNAt1rVoQY5TzTZd2 Iclj!U08lywZtCGslcwlWePCb7DAI/2003_0531_081456AA.JPG?dc=4675424385633255674[/img]
                      [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAGA1AXOqUw2s4HfTbxYKYPsLncruophC6YpOhIX8F8ecIfd clA*MQScJqSya1!9zkjvdd2Kfk5FeXh5c7mTLViB79sieSdS9F s7kVuTqogiQgYGzx2a7MaquUm3CRE/2003_0531_081524AA.JPG?dc=4675424385669619731[/img]
                      Mine was done back in the early '90s so i didn't have the benefit of Ebay or the GSR. It's also why I have a conventional style fork. It does have adjustments for everything though.

Comment

actually i already know your bike from somebody else they send me a few pictures of it the only thing i wanted to put on off yours were the rearsets and the headlight mounts ...but..i then rode a GS1150 with custom rearsets and it sucked as far as streetability so i decided to stick with the stock pegs second i tried making those headlight mounts and they were too...too...tribal ) in lack of a better word so i stuck with the same design as on the original forks and made the rings to fit the inverted tubes ) by the way does anybody know of a get together in NM ???

Comment

fbg - Tudor? 8) Looks great! I thought I'd check this thread out and saw you bike.

I'm in the process of posting some pics on my project right now. Stay tuned.

Comment

gosh steve i thought you dissapeared )) i got so busy with work i only had time in the last weeks to worry about this site and the GS itself (rode it about 20hrs in the last 6 months) and now im all excited to be here again i definitelly want to see some pictures of your GS finalized im dying to see them let me know email me to lara-croft@att.net im trying to clean up mine (finally got some green to spend ) and make it worth the work again

Comment

Tudor - go here for some pics.

I don't want to clutter up Katmans thread. If you need some specific pics I'll send them to you. Just let me know what to shoot. I'll try to do some daylight pics next time.

BTW, katman - I do enjoy watching your progress - good work!

Comment

messin with the forks...little pollish and paint what do you think?? does it work? they aren't done yet just checkin the look and I think I like it. I think I will pollish the whole bottom cube though. I was lazy and only pollished front and side to see.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X