Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about the cager who thought he could take you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to go out every friday and race, most of them here are just high school kids in civics with spoilers but iv had afew fun ones.

i pulled up to a red light on my old kz1300, this viper pulled up next to me. younger guy and a chick, he rev'd the engine alittle so i poped it into gear and waited for the light to turn. my heart was really going by now, i had never raced a car of this speed. i see the other lights turning yellow so i know its about to happen. rev'd the bike to about 4k and on green i let the fur fly! what a push over right off the line he was beside me but by the time i hit 50 in first then shift he was FAR back. i could hear him pushing it to 8) the next light we are side by side again, and he asks if that things got a turbo and i say no its completely stock. its a 1979. he kinda got this *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$y grin and turned away.

another time on my KZ it had bin raining about 20 mins before, when i pulled up to a wrx sti. car fulla teens, on the green green i didnt drop the clutch but the wrx did. on the other end of the intersection i was already reaching almost top speed in first when i hit the big white lines, rear end broke loose 8O when i recover'd the car was beside me again. but didnt take alot to pull away

Comment

For a really good laugh, wait for one of those hot Civics. Y'know, the ones with the popcorn muffler, chrome wheels and cute spoiler on the trunk. eh eh eh They actually think they can take the 1150. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by lhanscom
      On the 1150, I just go to the track.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by jubba
        i used to go out every friday and race, most of them here are just high school kids in civics with spoilers but iv had afew fun ones.

i pulled up to a red light on my old kz1300, this viper pulled up next to me. younger guy and a chick, he rev'd the engine alittle so i poped it into gear and waited for the light to turn. my heart was really going by now, i had never raced a car of this speed. i see the other lights turning yellow so i know its about to happen. rev'd the bike to about 4k and on green i let the fur fly! what a push over right off the line he was beside me but by the time i hit 50 in first then shift he was FAR back. i could hear him pushing it to 8) the next light we are side by side again, and he asks if that things got a turbo and i say no its completely stock. its a 1979. he kinda got this ####y grin and turned away.

another time on my KZ it had bin raining about 20 mins before, when i pulled up to a wrx sti. car fulla teens, on the green green i didnt drop the clutch but the wrx did. on the other end of the intersection i was already reaching almost top speed in first when i hit the big white lines, rear end broke loose 8O when i recover'd the car was beside me again. but didnt take alot to pull away
        the Kz1300was tested at 11.2 in the 1/4 mile in 1980.((a shaftie too with 120 hp at the crank))
        Thats as fast as most stock 1100cc GSs
        I used to race my brothers 1300 with my kawa 600 eliminater and he would breeze by me and wave every time.
        I own the 1300 now and it still makes such smooth power it is almost hard to tell you are gaining speed unless you look at the speedo. then WOW 8O

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
          For a really good laugh, wait for one of those hot Civics. Y'know, the ones with the popcorn muffler, chrome wheels and cute spoiler on the trunk. eh eh eh They actually think they can take the 1150. :-)

Earl
          We have quite a few of the these supposedly souped up Civics here. I 've had a couple rev and floor it next to my Trumpet. They know better now!

As I say byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye!!!!!!

Comment

Last night a driver on 290 tried to take out Skreemer.

there was a merge, and trying to be "agressively polite" We slowed down to make room for them. Instead of taking the space we gave them, they kept slowing down.

My patiance ran out, so I downshifted and took off. As soon as I passed the car they tried to merge onto skreemer.

*shakes head*
            You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
            If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
            1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
            1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
            1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
            1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
            1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

whoever it was definitely heard me yelling at them. Thank God for the MSF course... I kept my head and swerved dropped two gears and punched it ahead of the moron. during the swerve manuever though I let my anger get the better of and yelled at the top of my lungs right into his window, "HEY, What the HELL do you think you're doing!!??"

Comment

As a general habit, I dont ride past entrances/merge ramps onto the freeway in the right lane if on a bike.

Earl

Originally posted by skreemer
                whoever it was definitely heard me yelling at them. Thank God for the MSF course... I kept my head and swerved dropped two gears and punched it ahead of the moron. during the swerve manuever though I let my anger get the better of and yelled at the top of my lungs right into his window, "HEY, What the HELL do you think you're doing!!??"

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Those things are slick as ice when it rains. Watch out! [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                    As a general habit, I dont ride past entrances/merge ramps onto the freeway in the right lane if on a bike.

Earl

I would have kinda expected it if I was anywhere else... but I was in the middle lane. The next exit was 4 or 5 miles down the road, and the last exit was 7 or 8 miles behind us. It wasn't a merge lane or anything like that. he just decided the car in front of him in the fast lane was going too slow.

Comment

I always had fun letting the cager get the jump. I'd let him get just passed my front tire and then I'd "remember" to twist throttle a little further.
                      By the time he thought he'd won, I'd leave his ears ringing as I flew past with the tach at around 6500. It's always fun to let them think they were going to win.

Brad tt

Comment

Sheesh!

Earl

I would have kinda expected it if I was anywhere else... but I was in the middle lane. The next exit was 4 or 5 miles down the road, and the last exit was 7 or 8 miles behind us. It wasn't a merge lane or anything like that. he just decided the car in front of him in the fast lane was going too slow.

Comment

I think it is shamefull how many of our people race on the street. Why dont you all just grow up???

Comment

:-) :-) Well Scotty, I believe that anyone frequenting these forums has established proof of refusal to grow up. However, most do seem to grow out.
                            I guess that is to be expected when your hobby is sitting. :-) Goldwing riders are the exception. Their hobby is more akin to reclining and dozing. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by scotty
                            I think it is shamefull how many of our people race on the street. Why dont you all just grow up???

Comment

Yuma, Az. I'm sitting at a light on my 82 1100e, looking longingly at a loooooooong stretch of open desert road ahead of me.

Some kid pulls up behind me in a Camaro, and yells "Get that hunk outta the way, I'm haulin it at the light!"

I was in third by the time he crossed the intersection. He faded back over the horizon eventually. I bet he impressed his girl that day.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar
                                I always had fun letting the cager get the jump. I'd let him get just passed my front tire and then I'd "remember" to twist throttle a little further.
                                By the time he thought he'd won, I'd leave his ears ringing as I flew past with the tach at around 6500. It's always fun to let them think they were going to win.

Brad tt
                                That's the way it usually goes for me if I want to take off at a light. I just start from idle, no need to stress the driveline I find. If the car is really trying they'll pull out a car length of so, then I just catapult past like a striped-a$$ed gazelle. I doubt I leave anyone's ears ringing though. The 750 is so quiet they probably think someone is mixing a smoothie in the next lane as I go by.

Comment

Working...
                                X