Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me about the cager who thought he could take you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotblack
    Originally posted by bradleymaynar
    I always had fun letting the cager get the jump. I'd let him get just passed my front tire and then I'd "remember" to twist throttle a little further.
    By the time he thought he'd won, I'd leave his ears ringing as I flew past with the tach at around 6500. It's always fun to let them think they were going to win.

Brad tt
    That's the way it usually goes for me if I want to take off at a light. I just start from idle, no need to stress the driveline I find. If the car is really trying they'll pull out a car length of so, then I just catapult past like a striped-a$$ed gazelle. I doubt I leave anyone's ears ringing though. The 750 is so quiet they probably think someone is mixing a smoothie in the next lane as I go by.
    I also find this to be true, I have never needed to "rev it up" to eat a car I just move of as normal and wind it out a bit.
    Dink

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
      :-) :-) Well Scotty, I believe that anyone frequenting these forums has established proof of refusal to grow up. However, most do seem to grow out.
      I guess that is to be expected when your hobby is sitting. :-) Goldwing riders are the exception. Their hobby is more akin to reclining and dozing. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by scotty
      I think it is shamefull how many of our people race on the street. Why dont you all just grow up???
      Earl. I guess you know that i am the worst offender when it comes to street racing. I always think of your poof remark. i love it.
      I believe we should have a forum called -cager poofing.

Comment

[quote]
        For a really good laugh, wait for one of those hot Civics. Y'know, the ones with the popcorn muffler, chrome wheels and cute spoiler on the trunk. eh eh eh They actually think they can take the 1150. :-)

Earl

That just happened to me the other day. There is an intersection where just after the light the left lane merges into the center lane. Of course people down here always try to get ahead. A young kid in just that kind of car, low to the ground, the bass in the trunk rattling everyones windows. He starts creeping and creeping and reving his engine. He ended up creeping almost into the intersection. THe whole time I'm just sitting there in the center lane LMAO. Of course we all know the result. Light turns green I hit it and am doing 70 by the time I hit 3rd gear, I look back and he's nothing but a distant memory.

I live just a few minutes from there and I was still laughing when I got home. Wife doesn't see the humor though. She say's "You're body is 39 and your mind is still 18." What's wrong with that? 8) 8)

Comment

Refer to my tag line!!
          Dink

Comment

Comment

I refuse to grow up
              I'll die of old age and will still be accused of being a juvenile.

Adrenaline was made for this Enjoy it while it still works! 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                I refuse to grow up
                I'll die of old age and will still be accused of being a juvenile.

Adrenaline was made for this Enjoy it while it still works! 8O

You got it,dude,me also!
                Life's too short to be old before your time! 8) 8)

Comment

Well Dave, I long ago decided there are some things that should not be done with a "grown up" attitude. Living is one of them. :-)

Yeah, next time she says that to you, say "its great isnt it........HEY BABY wanna go out and get in the back seat of the car with me." LOL

Earl

Originally posted by dmplatt
                  Wife doesn't see the humor though. She say's "You're body is 39 and your mind is still 18." What's wrong with that? 8) 8)
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

last time a cager really though about giving me a hard time it was when some guy in a bmw M3 thought he was a tough guy. Driving close behind me in some turns and stuff, we get to a stop light, some yuppy smuck, sunglass sweater crap just snubing me as i look over at him. so i look away focus on the light wait for it to turn green. he hits it. he thinks he is just going to walk past me in his fancy bmw. so i whack the gas, we are side by side, i turn the gas a little more let the needle touch the red and now i am ahead of him let him know i just beat him and slow down let him blow by so he can sweep for cops.

it feels good to beat some $50,000 car on a little $1000 550, and i didn't even know about powershifting and get the rpms up to 5k for the launch.

-ryan
                    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                    82 Kat 1000 Project
                    05 CRF450x
                    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

dmplatt:
                      despite my mid-30's, I always seem to think of myself as oscillating somewhere between 18-23. Rock on!

Ryan:
                      nice pic of your GS550, love those handlebars!

Comment

Fear of the 1150

On the 750, I can always find a few that want to play. :-) On the 1150, its rare any want to try. When they do, its no contest. If I cant put a vette 10 car lengths behind before I shift out of 2nd, I'm not trying. :-)

Earl
                        I noticed that too....what is it about our 1150s' that strikes fear into the wacko wannabe racers???......they just don't to seem to want to race us.
                        I didn't have that problem with my 1000. Maybe they think its' much newer than it is & is far more capable of smoking em.
                        Rick......

Comment

I WACKED A TURBO MUSTANG WITH MY HONDA 200CC. Not too much body work though 8O

Comment

Re: Fear of the 1150

UH huh. :-) I've found most cages out there can be put to rest without exceeding 5500 rpm on the 1150 LOL. I was sitting at a light today and just as the light changed to green, a Mazda RX whipped in front of me from a sidestreet and floored it. I had to chop the throttle to keep from running over him...LOL..... and I still never exceeded 5k on the tach. eh eh eh I think they would be shocked if they knew how little throttle I am using. eh eh eh

Earl

Originally posted by Richard Ellis
                            Earl
                            I noticed that too....what is it about our 1150s' that strikes fear into the wacko wannabe racers???......they just don't to seem to want to race us.
                            I didn't have that problem with my 1000. Maybe they think its' much newer than it is & is far more capable of smoking em.
                            Rick......[/quote]
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

On the 83 1260E I just take off real hard ,then pound second to about 6 grand, then totally back off so that the cager can catch up, then let him go buy. If they ask I tell them I still had "Three gears left, do the math". They look at me wierd for a second until it finally sinks in that they had no chance at all. If it was set up for the strip with a good rider (NOT ME) it might maybey get into the nines, more likely low tens. (1260 street kit,Falicon super crank,ported head,33mm smoothbores,ect) Can anyone confirm that? I haven't taken it to the strip to find out. And yes people do seem to avoid 1150's. It might just be that they don't know what it is.

Comment

On the freeway, 3 in the morning.....out for a late night ride. M3 beemer pulls up behind me and flashes the lights (even though there are 2 free lanes and zero cars out). Well....hehe.....I pull to center to "let him pass." So I let him get along side me and he keeps on trying to pass. I mean, I got out of the way so he could pass.....because that's what he wants.....but, he couldn't seem to pass. Funny thing is I'm going a mere 85mph (1980 speedo only goes to 85 8) ) and this guy just simply cannot pass me. I thought those cars were supposed to be fast? Well, I like my left lane better than the center one so I look over....wave, drop it down a gear and.....dissapear. He gave up after I was about 1/4 mile ahead. I thoroughly enjoyed that and I got my lane back to boot!

Comment

Working...
                                X