gsxxxrrr750ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxxxrrr750ed

I went to the shop today to check on the progress of my engine. The tranny is done. All HD bearings and back cut for up shifting stability.
    The jugs are cleaned up and ready for sleeving and he block is about to be re bored. The head has been cut for over sized valves and will soon get new guides.

OK now the bad news. the oil pump was just about falling out and not working. i will be getting a new oil pump as i wanted any way. The crank was twisted a bit and the bearing surfaces looked real bad. It is at falicon now for a final diagnosis. ill be looking at another crank almost for sure.

Other than that all is well.

Scotty...ya gots to change that avatar!!!! 8O

Hap

Comment

Sounds like the beginning of something realllll nice.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
        Scotty...ya gots to change that avatar!!!! 8O

Hap
        Hap i changed my ISP and email address again. I was locked out and resorted to 1100ed as i originally did 2 years back. Fortunately Frank cought the error and rescued me.

Comment

Originally posted by katman
          Sounds like the beginning of something realllll nice.
          we are looking at 1266 and with honing of heads and block , about 11/1 compression.
          I debating weather spending $$$ on the flowing and ccing will be any noticable benefit on these TSCC heads. i know it is always a good move but im not looking for tenths of a second. This is going to be my streegt rod.
          I would like as many opinions as possible fellas and some gals

Comment

SCOTTY?????

I am confused...didn't realize that was you. what pistons are you using for 1266?
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Scotty get it CC'd at least, GS motors absolutely hate any imbalance at all even down to vacuum sometimes.
              So to be certain of a smoother motor, get the chambers CC'd at least, I wouldnt port the head, I prefer small ports for better flow and performance across a broader rev range, but as always you are best advised by your engine builder, if you trust them enough to build your engine, trust them on this too.
              Dink

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                SCOTTY?????

I am confused...didn't realize that was you. what pistons are you using for 1266?
                I supose they will get pistons from wiseco. I dont even ask. These guys are good.
                And i will get to them and have the head work done as duncan has suggested.
                The shop man said that flowing these heads would get me maybe 5 cfm. Does anyone think it is worth it. It is a full days job to do it correctly

Comment

I see you're planning on running 11-1 compression, you sure you can run pump gas with that? Sounds like it will be quite a motor, sorry I can't really help on the head, I've heard so many conflicting storys about head flowing that I don't know what to beleive. I think Dink is right about trusting your builder, they probably know what works.

Comment

Rock on Dom! I can't wait to see how it turns out
                    I was told that porting the head is worth the gain you get
                    if all other things are considered. I know the lenth of your
                    pipe comes into play at that point. But I don't remember if
                    it was longer or shorter that was better? I know longer pipes
                    are typically good for top end and shorter pipes for out of the
                    whole punch. But with a flowed head I think it is a balance
                    they are looking for?

This is exactly what I am doing to my 2v and Joe said that my
                    V&H pipe seen below will be perfect for it when it is done.

Comment

I know longer pipes
                      whole punch.
                      Actually, that is a bit backwards. A longer primary (header) pipe will resonate at a lower RPM, which helps out bottom end torque, but will not max out top end. A shorter pipe length will resonate at higher RPM, which makes more power, but may have problems down low if not properly designed. All 4-1 headers will have a hole in the torque curve at about half the tuning RPM, it is inherent in the design. It can be reduced or eliminated with the use of anti-reversion features (A-R cones, stepped header pipes and others) and a megaphone after the collector. A megaphone after the collector always makes the most power and will give the widest spread of power if properly designed with a reverse cone. Without the reverse cone, it will have a major hole in the torque curve below the tuning rpm range (often called "megaphonitis").

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mark m
                        I know longer pipes
                        whole punch.
                        Actually, that is a bit backwards. A longer primary (header) pipe will resonate at a lower RPM, which helps out bottom end torque, but will not max out top end. A shorter pipe length will resonate at higher RPM, which makes more power, but may have problems down low if not properly designed. All 4-1 headers will have a hole in the torque curve at about half the tuning RPM, it is inherent in the design. It can be reduced or eliminated with the use of anti-reversion features (A-R cones, stepped header pipes and others) and a megaphone after the collector. A megaphone after the collector always makes the most power and will give the widest spread of power if properly designed with a reverse cone. Without the reverse cone, it will have a major hole in the torque curve below the tuning rpm range (often called "megaphonitis").

Mark

There you have it
                        I just had it backwards.
                        How typical of me

Comment

Working...
                        X