Remove Broken Pilot Fuel Screw Tip From VM Carb Body /w Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

this is my first message here, sorry for the bad english, language skills are quite rusty at the moment.

Found this topic seeking solve for my problem with RS40 pilot screws. I solved my problem other way, and wanted to tell about it, if it could be helpful dor someone else. In my case this I couldnt operate like starter of the topic. So I had to do something else, I found at my garage few items and made a tool, it took apprx 10 minutes. And another ten minutes to remove the pilot screw tips.

1pcs M6x25 screw, 2pcs M6 nuts, 1pcs welding machine jet Ø0.6mm, 1pcs Ø0.5 mm drill bit and little piece of flat bar (cutted dimensions 8x20x38mm, can be smaller dimensions), drilled Ø6.5mm hole center of it.

First: shorten welding jet, both heads. Thread head there is cone shape in, that must be cutted away, because it wont support the drill. Should leave 2-3mm thread still on the jet. Other head must cutted because u need space operating in the carb. Open holes after cut with sharp knife or drill.

Second: set one nut on the jet. And screw+nut to the flat bar, after that U can set the nut+jet to them. Tight the nut-jet to screw.

Third: cut drill bit, length: welding nut length+2-3mm. After cutting, dip other head of bit in grease and push the greasy head in the weld jet. This keeps bit in jet when U wawe Your hands of succes all around.

Fourth: set the tool in the carb. Start tight the upper nut, keep the tool straight as possible. Be careful, better slow motions than hasty hardtechno-moves head full of speed. U notice right away when tip is fallen. It might not fall straight down, but U can drop it using full length of 0.5 drill bit and fingers.

Easy, fast and You dont have to dismantle whole carb.

Comment

Working...
    X