No announcement yet.

Carb Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it! I went back to the stock non-drilled slides, removed air box lid, 47.5 pilot jet, 170 air jet, 135 main jet, K&N air filter and lots of @#$%^&*. Runs great. Can hardly keep the front tire on the ground into third gear. Since I am a glutten for punishment I'm going to shop around for pods since I do have a Factory jet kit. Turns out I met a fellow GSer on this site that lives right down the street from me. He was very helpful with a large assortment of main jets and good advice. Thanks jgordon!!
    Thank you Keith Krause for being helpful and patient.
    VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Glad you got it running good. Taking off the lid will definitely require those larger mains.
      Jet needles would have to be raised too but you don't mention what you did for them. Let us know because it may help others who check in here.
      Thanks for letting us know we helped.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Sorry, forgot to mention I raised the needles with two shims which is equivalent to one notch.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Just an update. Took the good diaphragms with the drilled slides and filled the holes with JB Weld and drilled them back to stock. Running a little rich with the 135 mains and switched them with 130s. The needle was also a little rich with two shims so I dropped it to one shim. I swear I'm done. (Had my fingers crossed)

Comment

I've said "the jetting's done" a ga-zillion times.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Pods

Well ga-zillion one. Bought a DynoJet jet kit, K&N pods and K&N crankcase breather. Had the cams degreed in. Exhaust, was 115 degrees now 109. Intake, was 104 degrees now 110. Dyno needle set at fifth down, dyno main jet 132, redrilled the slides, kept stock slide springs and oiled a sticky advance. Everything else I kept the same. I have great throttle response, more power across the board. Plugs are finally tan. I finally unleashed the beast. But now my wife won't talk to me. What are you gona do?

Comment

Now you need a kit for the wife!
                Something like...a dozen roses, nice dinner out and a movie. After that, you're on your own. LOL.

PS: Glad the bike's running good. That cam timing certainly helped. 115 is too much. Makes carb tuning very difficult, among other negative things.
                106 to 107 is a good compromise between top end HP and low/mid-range power/torque, but your 109/110 is a great improvement over what you had. Your 109/110 favors top end HP. Have fun.

Comment

Cams

Originally posted by chef1366
                  Well ga-zillion one. Bought a DynoJet jet kit, K&N pods and K&N crankcase breather. Had the cams degreed in. Exhaust, was 115 degrees now 109. Intake, was 104 degrees now 110. Dyno needle set at fifth down, dyno main jet 132, redrilled the slides, kept stock slide springs and oiled a sticky advance. Everything else I kept the same. I have great throttle response, more power across the board. Plugs are finally tan. I finally unleashed the beast. But now my wife won't talk to me. What are you gona do?
                  Hey Chef, Your Ex was at 104.5 and the In was at 115.5

Comment

Cam degree

You are the man Jeff!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X