Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going on in your garage

Since the whats going on at the tracks thread was such a hit I thought a whats going on in the garage would give us something to post about over the winter.

I got a lift this week from Harborfreight. On sale for $299. Works great for almost half the cost of other lifts. Started tearing the bike apart to check everything out. The bottom end has almost 3 full seasons on it sine I put it together. I'm going to send the crank out this year. Get it magnafluxed and looked over. Hopefully the tranny is ok. Will find out when I split the cases. I got some prices on some 1260 kits today. That is still up in the air. The delay box is put back on and ready to go. Anyhow this is where she stands.

Umm, Whoa!!

Comment

Did you paint it to match the bike, or repaint the bike to match it?

Great looking setup!!!!!

I am still waiting on head bolts and studs.

Comment

Some of you may have already seen this on Sundial Motorsports site, the twostroke Suzuki forums (http://nova.fast-servers.net/~sundia...pic.php?t=2655). I realize this is not a GS but it is a Suzuki and it was inspired by Swanny and Billy Ricks....

This is what is going on in my garage.......
        I have not decided which swingarm I am going to use yet. This one, mocked up in this photo, is from a 2004 GSXR. I'm also considering one from a TLR.

It has a GS headlight....

I'm currently working on setting up the mount for the rear master cylinder. The bike was origionally a rear drum brake. Until I decide on a swingarm, this will keep me busy.......

Here are my thoughts for bracing the frame. Some of them will not work. I'm going to have to mock them up and figure them out.....

Anyway, that's what is going on in my garage.....

Who's NEXT

Comment

Hey Ryan do you have any problems with the beam's, I see you got one of those things on the front rim. I'm running a 16 inch oem rim and sometimes I think my rear tire is the one breaking the beams :?

I used too ride one of those's GT750 back in high school, time warp Scotty Pretty quick as a 750 only thing faster was the H2 750 and I had that one too. Wish I was 18 again.

Here's my project... operation gas tank. Finally found a 1/2 gal cell for the bike, just need to get it mounted and I can finish up the NOS.

Also waiting on some bigger valve's to show up then the head is off for more work.

Look at all that room in there..
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Ogri,

I just love the looks of your GT750, that mix of old iron and high tech parts are superb.

Keep it up / Mikael

Comment

I've never run it without the staging disk. Kind of a preventative thing. There is a guy at the track with a fully polished front rim that he has a terrible time with. He goops it up with shoe polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikael
                Ogri,

I just love the looks of your GT750, that mix of old iron and high tech parts are superb.

Keep it up / Mikael

Thanks!

Here is the TLR swingarm mocked up. I don't think I like it as well.

Comment

Wow, very impressive projects. That lift would have saved me a lot of aches and pains. Oh well, adds character. Ray
                  "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                  GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                  1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                  1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                  1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

I like the gsxr arm. That TLR arm upside down like that doesn't look right. That looks like my busa arm. They must be darn near the same.

Comment

Wow, what a cool thing to be using a Water Buffalo for! Very unique looking!

Comment

Those shocks look familiar.

BTW, have you been in touch with Swanny?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jiggles
                          Those shocks look familiar.

BTW, have you been in touch with Swanny?

No, I haven't. I wish I had a way to contact him, I have a lot of questions.

Comment

kinda makes me wish i had a garage...b.b.

Comment

How are you using the GSXR swingarm with twin shocks? I know thats just a mock up but are you going to do a monoshock conversion or weld mounting points on the arm for the shocks?

I want to replace the stock swingarm in my GS550 Kanata basket of parts when I get to working on it and GSXR and other arms seem to be going cheaper than say.. GS1100 arms.

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
                              X