No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, I have a GS1100 swingarm I would be willing to part with. Make me an offer if you would like it...... For that matter, I will have either a TLR or GSXR swingarm for sale shortly.

I am going to weld mounting points to the swingarm for the dual shocks. I really want to keep with the retro look that you get with the dual shocks. Also, I really want to use those KYBs..... They are calling me..... Use me, use me!. I can't help but listen.... :mrgreen:

Comment

Pulled the head off this week for the bigger intake valve's and blending. I think once I get it back I'll try alittle d-shape porting myself. Should get it back by Jan.

Looks like I'll need to replace the rear cam chain tensioner too cause when I removed the head it looked to be alittle short. I'll try one of those Van Slant ones, hear they are unbreakable.

Hope this gives me a good solid tenth off the old timeslip next year

PS I'm not splitting the cases this year, something is wrong... I must be sick.
      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

A little short? Are you talking about the curved guide? Or are you saying that the actual tensioner was too short?

I like the chopped gas tank. Its a good idea. Are you adding a tube from the cell to the filler hole?

I am still waiting on head bolts and studs. It's getting too cold now to do much work anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri
          Some of you may have already seen this on Sundial Motorsports site, the twostroke Suzuki forums (http://nova.fast-servers.net/~sundia...pic.php?t=2655). I realize this is not a GS but it is a Suzuki
          Hey, I belong to that forum for my GT250. Glad to see you here. 8) 8) 8) 8)
          Same name there as here. 8) 8) 8) 8)
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
            Originally posted by Ogri
            Some of you may have already seen this on Sundial Motorsports site, the twostroke Suzuki forums (http://nova.fast-servers.net/~sundia...pic.php?t=2655). I realize this is not a GS but it is a Suzuki
            Hey, I belong to that forum for my GT250. Glad to see you here. 8) 8) 8) 8)
            Same name there as here. 8) 8) 8) 8)
            Hi Doug!

Now you know where I got the motivation for the Mighty Buffalo. They didn't know it, but I have been sitting here gathering information from the brains of Billy Ricks, Swanny, and Katman, for a while now. Anything that would cross over to the buffalo, I have been using. They have been very helpful.

Like the Sundial site, there seem to be a lot of good people here.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
              A little short? Are you talking about the curved guide? Or are you saying that the actual tensioner was too short?
              That sucker was in two piece's when I pulled the head. I guess thats pretty good for oem lasting 23 years.

Originally posted by lecroy
              I like the chopped gas tank. Its a good idea. Are you adding a tube from the cell to the filler hole?
              I was thinking the same thing, once I get it mounted with the nos fuel pump right behind it I should be able to do it.

Comment

Awesome project Ogri! Is the old front drum brake for sale?

*Marks topic for replies*

Comment

Well it is shameful but here is my answer to the thread topic question.
                  If you can find a place to do anything in here other than simply walk through please let me know :?

Comment

And I bet you cleaned before you took that picture too?? I see that shop vac...

Jake, if it helps I got my filler caps from Jegs or Summit. I tried to do a quick search but could not find them. They come with the weldable bung, cap and gasket. Nice and small. Also fits the ID of a standard pipe size. Maybe $17 each.

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                      Awesome project Ogri! Is the old front drum brake for sale?

*Marks topic for replies*

Thanks Robin....

Well, this is a '76 model, so there was no drum brake. I would not do this to a '72 model. They are too cool and just need to be restored.

I may start a separate thread so that I do not bastardize this one......

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                        Well it is shameful but here is my answer to the thread topic question.
                        If you can find a place to do anything in here other than simply walk through please let me know :?
                        Hoomgar, I know how you feel. I have threatened many times to rent a ten yard dumpster and do some serious cleaning. Somehow I never make it happen.

Comment

Well, if it helps Mark......I'll take the Dog

Comment

I found a slingshot head off a 88 750. I hear they have bigger ports and bigger valve's. So this winter I'll do the little mods to it allowing it to work on the GS botom end.

I'll find out if these things really do make more power just running in stock condition

When it gets here I'll post a few pic's with the wife's new digital camera I bought for her on Xmas....ps mum's the word until the 25th. A good hubby always make's sure the gift's work before giving them out.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                              I found a slingshot head off a 88 750. I hear they have bigger ports and bigger valve's. So this winter I'll do the little mods to it allowing it to work on the GS botom end.

I'll find out if these things really do make more power just running in stock condition

When it gets here I'll post a few pic's with the wife's new digital camera I bought for her on Xmas....ps mum's the word until the 25th. A good hubby always make's sure the gift's work before giving them out.
                              Just make sure you get the family dog in all your pictures. A picture is not complete if no animal walks into it :roll:

Comment

Does anyone have the shop manual that has the specs for the CAMs used on the 1984 1150?

Comment

Working...
                                X