• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I draw the line with freezing rain.
    It's just not fun to ride in.

-K

Comment

I removed the battery box today and bolted it under the swingarm after I'd did alittle clean up cutting to make it fit. Also moved my air bottle over to the leftside, this allowed me just to used 5 inch's of tube to hook everything up.

Gotta hook up the NOS bottle next since I got all this room now.

1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
        I removed the battery box today and bolted it under the swingarm after I'd did alittle clean up cutting to make it fit.

Jake, if you don't mind, can you provide a little more detail on how you mounted the battery box there and maybe even some better pics if you can get them while it's on the lift or something? Do you think this mod would be good for a street bike? Or too low to the road? It may not fit with a stock swingarm huh? Thanks man

Comment

Hey Mark,

Sorry it won't work on a stock arm, too small.

My arm is a 92 gsxr mono, I cut off the mono mount and cleaned up the sides with a saws'all. Then I rebend the battery box mounts to make them level and used 4 bolts to bolt it to the bottom side of the swingarm. I can pull the battery straight up, it's a tight fit but it works. Just need to add some more metal around the battery to protect it. The battery hangs almost as low as the oil pan so it's not going to hit anything and once I paint it flat black you won't even notice it.

Comment

Hey Mark,

Sorry it won't work on a stock arm, too small.

My arm is a 92 gsxr mono, I cut off the mono mount and cleaned up the sides with a saws'all. Then I rebend the battery box mounts to make them level and used 4 bolts to bolt it to the bottom side of the swingarm. I can pull the battery straight up, it's a tight fit but it works. Just need to add some more metal around the battery to protect it. The battery hangs almost as low as the oil pan so it's not going to hit anything and once I paint it flat black you won't even notice it.
            Definitely a cool drag mod and it worked for you. I would like to relocate my battery at some point coming up for a mod I am working on but it doesn't need to happen right away. But I need to create more room under the seat.
            Thanks for the info man

Comment

I removed the battery box today and bolted it under the swingarm after I'd did alittle clean up cutting to make it fit. Also moved my air bottle over to the leftside, this allowed me just to used 5 inch's of tube to hook everything up.

Gotta hook up the NOS bottle next since I got all this room now.

That's very cool RJ! I like it...

Comment

Figure I'd try and make alittle room since the head is off.

These might be alittle better

Comment

Got the nos bottle in. Just alittle more work like air bottle mount and a rear nos bracket too.

Looks like everything is going to work. Then all's that left is to clean up that birds nest.

Comment

my garage

I intend painting my 1980 gs 1000, cant decide which color.I plan on putting on a jardine set of pipes.I have a givi trunk already, plan on putting on givi side saddlebags, am making forward controls also. I have the enterprise III slipstreamer, wantto paint it from the uppermost part down to match the bike, will look like a batwing fairing then.Am redoing the seat with gel pads fore and aft.That's about it.I would really like to own one of those old water buffalos.
                    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Ahhhhh....... Want to see the never ending project. Ok, here comes. It's not the vehicles but the garage that's the project.

Yes I'm one of those gotta' have 10 things going at the same time and it hurts to throw anything away. :roll:

Comment

We'll I have the motor totally apart. Crank and tranny have both been sent out to be checked. Wasn't going to send the tranny out, but found a couple of the dogs looked a bit beat up. My Schnitz box got sent back to Schnitz to have a remote 2-step switch installed. No more taking the body off every round to adjust it. Polished the frame. HOLY dirty. Found alot of new dings in the paint. Thought about re-painting it, but thought better of it. Have the cases all cleaned up and ready to go. I also picked up a JE 1260 10.5-1 piston kit. I have the block cleaned up, pained, and ready to go. Now I'm just waiting for some of my other parts to come back.

Comment

I've got my 'E down to the bare frame. After fitting aftermarket rearsets, a monoshock upper mount for my newly aquired busa swingarm, and possibly modifying rake/trail in the steering tube, I plan to have it powdercoated (still not sure of color).

Found a new busa swingarm on ebay, along with a shock & linkage & still looking for the rim, brake, and a 630 sprocket comversion.

The front end will consist of a newly acquired set of 2003 GSXR750 inverted forks, for which I'll be needing brake discs, rotors, & a rim. I plan to drill the top triple to take the sort of raised (but not too much) drag bars you find on modern cruisers. Can't decide on going with a dual headlight setup or the stock one.

Going to paint the bodywork, the side panels & tail piece of which are new (temeculamotorsports.com).

The engine is getting a 1500cc 12.5:1 comp big bore kit & block from APE, along with raising the cam lift from the stock .190, to .370 with valve springs to match. Gonna have APE lighten & balance the crank while I have the cases apart (the 1500 kit requires boring the top case for the big block). Just got a Dyna 2000 ignition for Christmas, too!
                          It came to me with a set of Mikuni RS36 flatslides, so I'll clean, tune & reuse those. An oil cooler, & a top end oiler are on the list, too.

There are all the incidentals like tires, braided brake lines, a pingel guzzler, and various fabrication jobs I've already found will need to be done.

As I said, it's down to the frame in the........er, ALL OVER the garage, so that's what's going on in my garage right now. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures for you, but I can't seem to git 'er done.

CHEERS!

Comment

I've got my 'E down to the bare frame. After fitting aftermarket rearsets, a monoshock upper mount for my newly aquired busa swingarm, and possibly modifying rake/trail in the steering tube, I plan to have it powdercoated (still not sure of color).

Found a new busa swingarm on ebay, along with a shock & linkage & still looking for the rim, brake, and a 630 sprocket comversion.

The front end will consist of a newly acquired set of 2003 GSXR750 inverted forks, for which I'll be needing brake discs, rotors, & a rim. I plan to drill the top triple to take the sort of raised (but not too much) drag bars you find on modern cruisers. Can't decide on going with a dual headlight setup or the stock one.

Going to paint the bodywork, the side panels & tail piece of which are new (temeculamotorsports.com).

The engine is getting a 1500cc 12.5:1 comp big bore kit & block from APE, along with raising the cam lift from the stock .190, to .370 with valve springs to match. Gonna have APE lighten & balance the crank while I have the cases apart (the 1500 kit requires boring the top case for the big block). Just got a Dyna 2000 ignition for Christmas, too!
                            It came to me with a set of Mikuni RS36 flatslides, so I'll clean, tune & reuse those. An oil cooler, & a top end oiler are on the list, too.

There are all the incidentals like tires, braided brake lines, a pingel guzzler, and various fabrication jobs I've already found will need to be done.

As I said, it's down to the frame in the........er, ALL OVER the garage, so that's what's going on in my garage right now. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures for you, but I can't seem to git 'er done.

CHEERS!

Comment

Oops. Sorry for the duplicate.

Comment

Spdjunkie if you are fitting a busa rear wheel in you will be running at least a 180 section tyre, in which case you will need to run a 530 chain for clearence.
                                Dink

Comment

Working...
                                X