Parts Resource (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CheapCycleParts.com - Probably wanna steer clear

Seems that CheapCycleParts.com doesn't do a very good job running their business:

Comment

Celebrating Powersports & motorcycle culture. Updated daily with motorcycle news, hands-on gear reviews, & more. Founded in 2000.

Very thorough reviews of motorcycling gear and gadgets.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Find OEM motorcycle and ATV parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Polaris.

I've made several purchases, never had a problem. Usually seem to be quite a bit cheaper than BikeBandit, too.

Comment

Baltimore Cycle Salvage of Baltimore, MD

According to Dean of Baltimore Cycle and Salavage, this is the #2 bike salvage company in the country. I haven't verified that, but I don't have any problem believing it because yesterday at Baltimore Cycle Salvage I put hands on two used sets of Mikuni BSW30SS carbs for my 1985 GS550ES. They also said they had another two sets on hand at their off site storage. This is fairly impressive, I think, due to the fact that these carbs were apparently only run for 2 or 3 years (these are the infamous two barrel carbs that both Suzuki and Mikuni seem to disavow.) and I only found one set on all of eBay for $15 more before shipping costs.

They used to have a website, but Dean said that they took it down due to poor design and were in the process of redesign, but it didn't sound like he expected a website anytime soon. So if you'd like to contact them, here's the old school info of their business card:

Baltimore Cycle Salvage, Inc.
          232 N Franklintown Road
          Baltimore, MD 21223

410.962.1335 (alternate)

Comment

FindMyPart.com

I submitted a request yesterday for my hard to find carbs (these are the infamous two barrel carbs that both Suzuki and Mikuni seem to disavow) and had two different vendors/salvagers respond within hours. Very cool.

PS: I haven't verified the vendors stock as I located a set locally (see previous post).

Comment

I'm not quite sure why you are doing this? It is far easier to check the topics in the GS Links section, or the Buyer Review section, than it is to search through this thread of yours. Not trying to dis your efforts. It just seems like a waste of bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                I'm not quite sure why you are doing this? It is far easier to check the topics in the GS Links section, or the Buyer Review section, than it is to search through this thread of yours. Not trying to dis your efforts. It just seems like a waste of bandwidth.
                That's what a lot of people have asked me about attempting to bring back a 22 year old bike when I live around the corner from a new bike dealership. :-D

Here are some reasons that I continue to post in this thread:
                1) For my own reference and to share with any other GS-ers that find it beneficial.
                2) The GS Links page hasn't been updated since 10/22/06 and doesn't have all of the vendors that appear in this thread.
                3) We can share our opinions and experiences about vendors here.

If you're not in need of this thread, more power to ya. That means you must have or be finding everything you need elsewhere. I'm not quite as lucky (yet) and this is a convenient way for me to create a reference for myself and others who are so inclined.

As far as wasting bandwidth, well, I would suspect that it's actually space that is the resource most utilized for saving data. Bandwidth is only used for transmitting (posting) and receiving (viewing). I suspect that neither space nor bandwidth resources used by this thread are of any concern given some of the topics I've seen on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MelodicMetalGod View Post
                  1) For my own reference and to share with any other GS-ers that find it beneficial.
                  2) The GS Links page hasn't been updated since 10/22/06 and doesn't have all of the vendors that appear in this thread.
                  3) We can share our opinions and experiences about vendors here.
                  As far as I know, just about everything in this thread has appeared one or more times in GS Links and Buyer Reviews.

But if repetition wasn't allowed on the GSResources forums, it would be 1/10 the size. A lot of people won't bother to search back anyway.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2007, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denydog View Post
                    As far as I know, just about everything in this thread has appeared one or more times in GS Links and Buyer Reviews.

But if repetition wasn't allowed on the GSResources forums, it would be 1/10 the size. A lot of people won't bother to search back anyway.
                    There are two GS Links locations here: The forum and the page. In my last post I was referring to the page not being updated or all inclusive.

Of course, this thread is located in the GS Links forum, whose description is as follows: " GS Links
                    List the links to websites where you purchased itmes to keep your GS going."

As far as I can tell, that's what I'm doing.

As far as searching back goes, I try to do so as much as possible. However, the forum search tool is limited in that it only allows key word searches. Often the results are far too broad without the ability to search for phrases, thus, I certainly have probably duplicated the efforts of others.

As you said, repetition doesn't seem to be considered a bad thing here. Bottom line, if this helps out some other folks, great! If not, it's proving to be a handy resource for my project. Thanks!

Comment

I really wasn't trying to criticize for any duplication. That would be an endless task. And I should have said read back, instead of search back.

I certainly don't make any rules here, thank god.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2007, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X