The Juicer Battery Tender / Schumacher Companion Charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Juicer Battery Tender / Schumacher Companion Charger

After several years of replacing batteries every other year a co-worker mentioned he had found the Juicer (Bell Brand) charger at Wal Mart for 18 bucks. I also saw it mentioned on another post on this site. It has a 750 mA rate of charge and float mode monitering. I now have them on all of my bikes and have been very pleased to go out to the garage and having the motor crank over as if I have a brand new battery every time. I have wired it direct to the battery terminals and hidden the lead under the rear frame cross member behind the battery so when I get home I pull the lead out and connect it without taking the seat or sidecover off. It normally will take about a minute or less after riding to monitor the battery and go over from the charge to the maintenance mode. This also tells me I have finally gotten the dreaded charging issues out of the way. I also purchased the Schumacher Brand Battery Companion charger at Wal Mart for 18 bucks (1.5 amp rate/float mode monitoring) at the same time for charging my (hopefully last) new battery needed from my previous life without battery maintenance. I now use that on my larger lawn tractor battery to keep it charged. Thanks to all for the many tips on diagnosing and fixing electrical issues.

If you are interested in the wiring route I used to hide the lead PM me and I can let you know how I did it for the L models.
    82 GS850L - The Original http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ePics067-1.jpg
    81 GS1000L - Brown County Hooligan http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ivePics071.jpg
    83 GS1100L - Super Slab Machine http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=DCP_1887.jpg
    06 KLR650 - "The Clown Bike" http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/d...nt=SERally.jpg
    AKA "Mr Awesome"

thanks for the tip

Comment

So, I guess the bots are now paraphrasing necro-thread content on the forum. Tell us Coach, which united stat are you from?
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks for this, I'll dig deeper into it to see if it's what I want. I've been looking for a while for tender/ maintainers that turns "Completely Off" when batt. is full charged & only turns back on when batt. loses a little of it's charge, like the on-board charger on my boat or the newer chargers in my garage. So far none I've found turn completely off, they constantly send fractions of mili-volts, not supposed to be enough to harm your batt. but constantly charging.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

rphillips,
          post 1 is 15-1/2 years old info. Post 3 appears to be some sort of Bot Spam regurgitation/paraphrasing of post 1. Doesn't invalidate post 1, but……….
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

This has happened before. One brought back an ancient post of mine. I wonder what the plan is?
            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
            82 gs1100L probably the next project
            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Oh yeah, that # in top left, that is the date, guess I should have looked.
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Using a proper charger/maintainer is a decent idea, regardless of date.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                  rphillips,
                  post 1 is 15-1/2 years old info. Post 3 appears to be some sort of Bot Spam regurgitation/paraphrasing of post 1. Doesn't invalidate post 1, but……….
                  Rich, your post is #3
                  Probably the suspect post #3 has been deleted.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was thinking “hey Tim twr1776 has made a posting, haven’t heard from time in a long time” . . . Oh, 15 years ago.

(But I think he has those same bikes yet, and more)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Rich, your post is #3
                      Probably the suspect post #3 has been deleted.
                      So it would seem. And no member with the username starting w/ coach (don't remember the whole thing) appears in the member list. Well done, admins.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

LOL, yeah, since then a lot of charging testing and upgrades have happened on Tim's bikes.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                        X