Stator Wires Through Grommet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator Wires Through Grommet

I'm replacing my stator and I'm having a hard time getting the new stator wires through the rubber grommet oil seal. Does anyone have any tricks for this?

Thanks!
    Neal

stator wires through grommet

i took an exacto knife and sliced half way through,installed wires and used crazy glue to keep it together.clean the rubber first.

Comment

:-D I hand turned a drill bit through the holes and then ran the drill as I pulled the drill bit out. This made the holes slightly larger and also released some of the old wire insulation that was stuck in there. Found that Strip of about 1/8" from the wire before pushing through the grommet worked best.

Comment

The instructions that came with my Electrex unit advised cutting and soldering the wires so as to avoid having to damage the rubber grommet - so that's what I did :-D

I like to solder things, I think it's fun. \\/

Comment

I jsut installed my new stator this morning, and it already came with the grommet on it..but I take it yours does not, so the best way I have found, is the same way as "Neal" posted, with the drill bit and all. just cut off any connectors at the end of the harness and solder them to teh bikes harness, throw way the connectors...problem area big time.

Comment

Working...
          X