Cell Phone Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell Phone Holder

Has anyone seen a way to mount your cell phone on your handlebars? Something sleek would be nice. I would talk on my headset in my helmet.

This company makes a mount for anything. And I mean ANYTHING. Look around thier site, for some reason they don't market the cell phone holder for motorcycles, but they have one. you can mount your laptop, GPS, Big Gulp, radio, camera, PDA, radar detector- ANYTHING. I have one for my GPS. it's super high quality and very sturdy. It will cost about $50, but it's worth it.

http://www.ram-mount.com/products/motorcycles.htm
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I agree with the reccomendation of Ram Mounts. I've got one for a camera that I have used during dice runs. Works pretty good once you figure out how to hit the shutter release without swerveing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexx
        I agree with the reccomendation of Ram Mounts. I've got one for a camera that I have used during dice runs. Works pretty good once you figure out how to hit the shutter release without swerveing.
        Can your camera be triggered using a cable release? If so go to a camera store and get the longest one you can then rig it to the bars so that you can shoot without moving your hand. Some digi cameras come with a remote you could probably rig that too, to the bars.

As for using a cell phone on the bike...not the best idea in the world. 8-[

Comment

Poor mans method:

Got one of those leather cases with the belt clip thingy? take the case, drill a small hole right through the center of the round plastic button thingy, get an ADEL clamp (available at most Lowes and such) that will fit your bars, then it is just screw, washer, through plastic button, into ADEL clamp, install on handlebars, install nut, Viola! The case will help absorb shock, and cost is minimal.

Comment

Anybody else see the problems caused by talking on the phone while riding?

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy
              Anybody else see the problems caused by talking on the phone while riding?
              Only you and I so far. :shock: 8-[

Comment

Originally posted by Plasterdog
                Only you and I so far. :shock: 8-[
                Ah.. Didn't see that part of your post...8-[

Comment

But you're right, does no one else see a problem here? :?

Comment

I don't use mine while riding, but having it in front of me does let me know when I get a call, and then I can stop to return it...

Comment

Originally posted by Arkaloid
                      I don't use mine while riding, but having it in front of me does let me know when I get a call, and then I can stop to return it...
                      I have mine on vibrate in my pocket and then will stop when I can, or I'll check when I stop. If it was attached to the bars where I could see it, I'd be too tempted to keep glancing at it. But that's me.

Comment

I have mine on vibrate in my pocket and then will stop when I can, or I'll check when I stop. If it was attached to the bars where I could see it, I'd be too tempted to keep glancing at it. But that's me.
                        Ditto here. All points.

Comment

No different for me than looking at he radio station my my GK's radio...

Comment

But you're right, does no one else see a problem here? :?
                            I've been seeing more and more people riding with cell phones. And I'm not talking about hands free units, I'm talking about people with a phone to thier ear while riding down Main Street in Manchester on thier gixxer. Thats just stupid. However, there are systems that can route through a Collet Communicator that I would have no problem using. It's hands free, and you just push a single button to answer and hang up. I myself would love one, becasue I can't commute to work on the bike- cell phone is non stop at 6:30am. What's the difference between me using a hands free motorcycle communicator and the soccer mom driving a Suburban full of children ordering pizza? I'd say I'd be less of a risk than her.

People get really crazy about drivers using cell phones. While I don't advocate anyone using a cell phone while driving, it is a new world out there. Better get used to it! :?
                            Currently bikeless
                            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The Mom in the Suburban with screaming kids and a cell phone is exactly why I don't use mine. Then I'm not distracted from noticing and avoiding her.

My phone, if I plug the headset in, will answer after two "rings" and hang up when the other end hangs up, no buttons to press, just speak after the second "ring". I tried it once on the bike, I did not hear -consciously- the "ringing" and suddenly my wife's voice says "Hello!?!". A quick WTF and I told her I'd call her back.

Comment

Working...
                              X