front sproket removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front sproket removal

I'm going to be installing my new front sprocket, and I haven't yet removed the old one. The Clymer manual does'nt seem to outline this topic ( unless I overlooked it). The rear is outlined preety well. Is there anything I should take note of so I don't damage anything? Is the big nut a reverse thread? How does the shaft stay is place while removing the nut? Do you put it in first gear? Or does it stay in place with the preasure of the chain? Or am I just paranoid? My bike is a 78gs550e.

sprocket

Rattle gun or friend on the back brake (before u remove the chain)and you with a long breaker bar attatched to a 27mm or 32mm socket. Never use the gear box to "support" the undoing of the front sproket. Make it clean and some locktight when u put is back together even when you use a NEW lock-tab.

Comment

I think green or blue (probably blue) locktight is your friend in this. If you use red you will truly be one of the PO's that people complain about.

Comment

how difficult is replacing the chain and sprockets? Do you need a chain break and press? -thanks

Comment

Working...
        X