Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad You're Coming Along Well. I don't think Anyone Heals from a Major Injury or Surgury as Fast as THEY Think they Should. The Docs Went to School All those Years For Something (At least I Hope So!:shock: ) So Follow their Advice and Get Well ASAP.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Good to hear from you Andy. Keep your spirits up, and be patient with the rehab. All things considered, it sure sounds like good news.

Andy, you remain in my thoughts every time I ride. I'm sorry you had to suffer such a tradegy to become an inspiration.

Maybe by the time the snow melts you'll be ready to ride again. I hope so.

Thanks for the update. And Happy Holiday's to you.

Comment

Keep up with the rehab as best you can! Sounds like you're doing pretty good, though, considering.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Brad bt

Comment

Thank you

Just read the thread starter :shock: and update - thanks for the story & I'm glad you are still around to share it.

Comment

Thoughts are still with ya! Hang in there.

Comment

Glad to hear you're still on the mend, even if it seems slow. Sounds like you have a good mental attitude about it, which will help a lot!

Comment

Glad you're recovering. Have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Just thought I`d send best wishes from across the pond !. I`ve been lucky in that I have not had any serious spills, but your story set me thinking how easy it can happen. I have been extra careful since reading it to keep scanning the road ahead, behind and to the side and fix a riding plan in my head !. Hope you continue to progress and make a full recovery.
                  "Betsy" 1978 CX500 ratbike
                  1978 GS750
                  1979 GS750 chop
                  1979 GS550
                  2003 GSF1200 K3 Bandit
                  2000 Enfield Bullet 500
                  1992 XV750 Virago
                  2016 Harley 883 Iron

Comment

Andy,
                    Don't know how I missed the thread !!! So Sorry !!!
                    It's been about 5 months since your spill... How are you doing now?
                    ...My thinking, is that when something like this happens, God's telling you to slow down your heart rate and rest...
                    I mean what else could you really do? ...You must go on, whatever you do... Andy, and, you will... You are strong.

So good of you to share your story with us... Must have been hard... I know first hand.
                    The people on this site are caring, sharing, helping individuals, with whom I am proud to be associated with. \\/

***Welcome aboard Andy... :-D
                    40 is young, when you're 56...
                    Ron told no lie...we heal slower...

I've had a few accidents, Nothing like yours...lucky EVERY time.
                    Flew threw the air w/my '75 900 Kaw @ 90+ mph, off the side of a highway....(in the 70's)
                    Slid out on wet/icy pavement & did a 360 degree slide...facing traffic...(in the 80's)
                    ...Dropped it...blah, blah, blah...
                    Poop happens.

Hope you recovery is a restful time for you.
                    You won't "Get over it"... right away.
                    You THINK you will, but, you won't...So don't worry, It's Natural...nothing's wrong with you!
                    Always know that those who reside here are thinking of you and praying for you !!!

Hope to hear from you again soon...

ps. I haven't had the nerve to look at your bike wreck yet, as I know it will be a gut-wrenching experience for me; but, I have read this entire thread... Now, off to the pics....

Comment

Holy Cow !!!
                      YOU ARE LUCKY TO BE ALIVE, YOUNG MAN !!!!!!!!!!

GOD LIKES YOU...:-D

Comment

Andy,

God was truely lookin out for you man. I know it was hard to write that letter but thats the first step in dealing with such a tramatic part of your life. May God bless all of us that we will not have this very thing happen to us or that anyone on this forum will have to read about one of our brothers in this way.

God, keep us all safe.

Comment

Hey Andy-How ya doin'? How a bout an update? Hope all's well. RJ

Comment

I think I missed this thread as well! Don't remember any of it. Hope all is going much better now. In reading your story, it just re-enforces my decision to get out of biking. For a long time I've tried to imagine myself at 50 years old slamming into a car or sliding/rolling down a roadway. Honestly, I don't think I would bounce as good now as I did at 18 & 20. :-D

Bandit, anyone? 8-[

Comment

Originally posted by Desolation Angel View Post
                              I think I missed this thread as well! Don't remember any of it. Hope all is going much better now. In reading your story, it just re-enforces my decision to get out of biking. For a long time I've tried to imagine myself at 50 years old slamming into a car or sliding/rolling down a roadway. Honestly, I don't think I would bounce as good now as I did at 18 & 20. :-D

Bandit, anyone? 8-[
                              Come on Angel, life is one big challange anyway. You know that. What would we all do without your subtel sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by Desolation Angel View Post

Bandit, anyone? 8-[
                                I dont think age & the fear of healing is a justfiable excuse. But if those are the cards you want to play.

Seriously Andy I hope you are feeling better & the job has gotten easier on your back. I relly hope the park thing works out for you. are you still looking at meeting up in July for the WNY meeting?

Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X