No announcement yet.

Flat Out Motorcyles for Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flatout are 10% to 20% cheaper than Bike Bandit. They can be lacking in the communication side of things sometimes, but as consumers this is the price we pay for paying the lowest price.

Chris is great and works very hard to keep his customers happy. I have made around 10 separate orders with Flatout & had 1 slow delivery due to back order.

Comment

Oh, as far as being charged for 2 separate shipping items & getting everything at once, just call Chris & explain & I am sure he will at least give you a credit for next time.

Comment

Flat Out vs others prices

I researched prices at Flat Out and a few of the other internet vendors. I was pleasantly surprised that Flat Out had the cheapest prices by more than a buck or two on the OE stuff that I'll currently be needing to make my bike ready to ride this season.
        This morning I placed an order for 4 intake boots and 8 clamps, valve cover gasket and breather gasket. 84 bucks with shipping. No one else that I checked could even come within a few dollars of that price.

Around here we pay 8 1/2 percent sales tax, plus the local stealership would've raped me on the price and the guy probably would've made faces about having to look up part numbers for a 26 year old motorcycle. Add to that the gas I would be wasting driving to the stealership twice because they most likely would not have the parts in stock and I would have to go back to pick them up when they come in.
        Man, I love these internet parts shops.\\/

PS-As far as having to sign for the package upon delivery. It clearly states toward the bottom of Flat Out's checkout page that signature is required for all deliveries of shipped items.
        Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Another Happy Camper

I just placed my first order with Flatout and was pleased with the service. I ordered on 2/4 and recieved my parts on 2/11. Even with the sales tax and slightly expensive in state shipping they were still less than the other on-line vendors for what I ordered. I too was also worried about the sign for delivery since I do not get home until after 5 pm but my UPS driver delivered the box to the neighbors house and left me a note.

Comment

flat out

I've never done business with them but if the live sign deal is a problem.....have them ship the parts to where you work??? I always have stuff shipped to work, it keeps the dog from eating the box before I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankenzuki View Post
              I've never done business with them but if the live sign deal is a problem.....have them ship the parts to where you work??? I always have stuff shipped to work, it keeps the dog from eating the box before I get home.
              Yep, I always have stuff delivered to work. I never even realized they had a signature required rule. My recptionist takes care of that for me.

Chris@flatout is still my go to guy!

Comment

Well, I got my parts today, after an email from Chris letting me know they were on the way. Yes it did take over two weeks but it was a lot of small parts that likely aren't often ordered. All carefully packaged neatly. Since I just got my carb rack back together yesterday, timing was perfect!:-D I'm going to stick the new intake boots and orings on, then I'm going to put on my newly rebuilt carbs, and I'm hopefully going to hear this thing run for the first time in over 10 years, which was at least 2 if not more owners ago.

I'm probably going to replace the coils and such even if they work.

Anyway, enough about me. Flatout worked out fine, and I'll order from them again as the need arises.

Comment

I've ordered once from them and it was good, also check out CHEAP CYCLE PARTS.com also in Indiana, these run neck to neck as far as price.

Comment

Working...
                  X