anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    On that note, I'll be doing a fun overnighter in Globe tomorrow. It's only 100 miles round-trip, but it lets me rail through Salt River Canyon.

Not my video, and you'll want to turn the sound off or put on some good rock, but it shows the canyon.

Extremely jealous. I've been through that canyon a few times and each I go through it seems like it's the 1st time through.
    Simply amazing.
    Enjoy your ride.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

That does look like a great road.
      Would be nice to be there off season or at least early in the morning before traffic picks up.

You are correct about the background music, that is hideous.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

You're motor is making a strange sound.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
          Extremely jealous. I've been through that canyon a few times and each I go through it seems like it's the 1st time through.
          Simply amazing.
          Enjoy your ride.
          It is a fantastic road. Seldom too bad wrt traffic. The plan today is to head up to Globe, get a burger at Nurd Berger, then get up early to do the canyon.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Quick blast this AM to make a quick vid for my viewers.

Loading up and heading for 100 mile ride to the North East Kingdom on the T120...
            Best,
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

We had a great turnout and awesome ride yesterday, ~500kms all up for me.

Ended up having 21 bikes including 15 Kats which was great to see, and ended up having some go-kart fun before the ride back home.

Leg stretch at Perseverance Dam.

IMG_4225 by starpoint73, on Flickr

Garry McCoy's cafe at Cooyar. Yes, that Garry McCoy. Very down to earth bloke, more than happy to have a chin wag and hang out for a bit.

IMG_4230 by starpoint73, on Flickr

IMG_4229 by starpoint73, on Flickr

Go karts at Nanango.

IMG_4235 by starpoint73, on Flickr

I had to get this, just a too cool picture in Garry McCoy's cafe.

IMG_4231 by starpoint73, on Flickr
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Head cleared enough today to finally enjoy one of my rides....

... it had been since June since I rode the Katana and for some reason I thought it had a full tank of gas. Running out of gas this evening told me that it didn't. You'd think I'd check something like that but last time I looked, the bike had a low fuel light on it... and it worked. At least it used to. Luckily I was close to a gas station and didn't have to push the pig! Still love her... hope she still loves me.
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Great Kat pics, sure miss my '82.
                  Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                  '79 GS100E
                  Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Nice to see that out on the prowl. Gorgeous machine.,
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Out on another lovely and humid summer night.
                      http://GS 1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                      Last edited by dorkburger; 08-02-2020, 01:58 AM.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Out on another lovely and humid summer night.
                        http://GS 1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                        Cool. How long did you hold up traffic for?
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Recently my wife and I went on our regular local lakeshore ride. Specifically looking for cars for sale out in the lakeshore area. Getting out of the lakeshore and onto a busier road I got in the left turn lane and was waiting my opportunity to turn left. While stopped with left blinker on a modded loud Harley swerved and revved as he passed me. I checked to see all was clear and aborted the left turn to catch up to him. In second gear I got up beside him and we both took off. I left him behind but let him catch up to just to leave him behind again. He fell waaay back and did the turn off the road of shame. I raced up to this guy because he: 1-pimped me seeing I had a full load (Im not small and neither is my wife) 2-I was making a left turn and he figured I wouldn't accept his challenge and 3-most Harley owners despise Japanese bikes- so it was very satisfying to beat a guy who has a new bike with additional $$ spent in mods. Yes street racing is illegal and dangerous I know. And I also know there are many other bikes faster than mine- even modded Harleys but these old Suzukis are still great today and when they were made this was the type of things the bike was made and marketed for!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mharrington; 08-02-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I was out playing in the rain yesterday. Of the 450 miles I rode, 200 of them were in the rain. I do have a real nice rain suit, it works great! To bad I left it at home! The temperature started to dip into the 60's, I pulled over for some coffee and check the radar. The radar said I'd be riding out of the rain, I continued on. The rain stopped, it started to warm up, I was drying out... only to get hit by another shower 20 miles from home. I love summertime! 🌞
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

The wash cycle and then the rinse cycle. Just gotta remember to lather up before hitting the rain the first time.
                              Years ago i had a decent FroggsToggs suit that i liked and it worked well but i forgot about it after a rainy ride and it went moldy. My own fault.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I was out looking for a nice road for the pic of the week game, so I figured I would drive around Tjeldøya. Apparently the road doesn't go around the island. But at the end of the paved road there were a gravel road that said: "Drive on your own risk", and I was intrigued. I decided to see where it went.

The road must have been the most challenging one I've ridden. Big holes, lose rocks, gravel, grass in the middle, and steep hills. At one point I saw an enormous moose, and I was pretty worried because I couldnt possibly outrun it on that road, luckily it ran away. A little later i saw another mose with a baby mose. They luckily also ran away.

There were a bunch of abandoned falling apart buildings. At the end of the road I found a dock that was clearly not in use anymore. And there were a Defender with german plates with one of those tents on top of it. A defender might be a more suitable vehicle for that road. At one point I was sure Id lay her down or go off the road.

It was an amazing place though, I need to get a helmet cam and film the entire road.
                                GS1000G 1981

Comment

Working...
                                X