anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    . . . . . . Then maybe through Kanab, . . . . . .
    I stayed in Knab, a hostel, Cowboy Bunkhouse, a converted old small hospital.
    Zion Nat'l Park was great. CAn see a lot from the road. Could see about nothing from road at Bryce Canyon.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Honda accesory...? Aftermarket....? Jedz Improvisation...?
      Oh it's been "Justi"fied as my buddy says. It's a universal jerry can that I installed on the Crash bars which were aftermarket.

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
      @jedz there's a guy named Chillis over on advrider who's been posting about his extensively modded monkey, if you're interested.
      I'll have to check it out.

Grabbed 200 miles yesterday. 150 of those were on the VMAX with a couple buddies. Played hooky, kinda I did have Doctors appointments for most of the morning and early afternoon... Lyme effects seem to linger.

Than finished off with 50 miles on trail and back roads thumping around on my Big Bore Monkey. New 80/20 tires actually handle better on the road vs the original tires, off road is so much fun...

Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Just take a right at the light keep goin' straight until night, and then you're on your own... That's the way I'd go.
        That would have taken us to Denver. Instead we took a left turn at Albuquerque and unfortunately wound up passing through Flagstaff after all 👎

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        I stayed in Knab, a hostel, Cowboy Bunkhouse, a converted old small hospital.
        Zion Nat'l Park was great. CAn see a lot from the road. Could see about nothing from road at Bryce Canyon.
        Those hostels can be pretty neat places to stay. Always wanted to see Zion. Someday...

We left almost five hours later than we planned and had to take the direct route down I-40 if we wanted to get to Vegas before midnight. We hit some flurries and light rain through western NM and Eastern AZ then the sun came out. Temps were 30's and 40's but no ice on the road. The heated grips are useless with grip puppies so I brought some heated glove liners. Those are fantastic!

At every stop I checked the weather radar and thought we'd miss the storm coming. I was wrong.

It finally warmed up around Kingman and I unplugged the glove liners. Riding into Vegas on Friday night was fun. Well, the lights are impressive, if you dare look away from the road for more than a second.

Made it to Vegas around 10pm
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

You're braver than me Roger. One inch into that on the bike and I would have parked it; it can already get bad enough in the car I'd hate to see how it feels on the bike
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

"F" That. Damn, Roger, be safe out there.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The Michelin road 5 tires gripped surprisingly well through that stretch. That 37 degrees was the high for the day so if we'd stopped it wouldn't get any better. What an adventure!
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                The Michelin road 5 tires gripped surprisingly well through that stretch. That 37 degrees was the high for the day so if we'd stopped it wouldn't get any better. What an adventure!
                I tried the 5s once on my bmw but have since gone back to the 4s... I ride in the rain a lot and noticed no difference... and the 5s only lasted about 6,000 miles while the 4s I get 10,000 miles out of
                interested in your thoughts on the 5s mileage
                No signature

Comment

I haven't logged in here for a while but the Kat's been out and about regularly, and in fact is the current daily ride (rookie mistake in the rain with 450 vs. manhole cover, manhole cover won).

This is mainly for Redman though, we had the Kats on an aquatic adventure on the way back yesterday

IMG_0027.jpg
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Forgot, one attachment per post.

IMG_0029.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thank you kindly sir!

sigpic

Comment

Roger ! ? !!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went to town to pick up new plugs for the beemer and one of the gs's. Just a little wandering on the way home.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I went for a ride to New Philadelphia Ohio. I stopped at the Harry Clever Field. It's a old airport. DC 3's use to stop there on their regular route. I remember mom saying she'd fly there for fly-in's and such things. It turns out this is where John Glenn soloed from! A lot of aviation history at this old airport.
                              Attached Files
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                I went for a ride to New Philadelphia Ohio. I stopped at the Harry Clever Field. It's a old airport. DC 3's use to stop there on their regular route. I remember mom saying she'd fly there for fly-in's and such things. It turns out this is where John Glenn soloed from! A lot of aviation history at this old airport.
                                Cool....I really like your bike

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X