Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Roger ! ? !!
    I know you like to get shots with the rear wheel in a body of water, and after the fella up front decided to get his wife to take those photos on the way through I figured it was too good not to share
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Not legal yet but still grabbed over 50 miles yesterday.

Bike is an animal.

Once legal and checked over for the state she goes to the shop for some Jedz-edition upgrades to get it set for the mountains/back yard riding. The bike is in great running condition but reflash, exhuast, airbox-mod, air filter, re-gear, paint, heated grips, cruise, suspension... the whole nine. She will be ready for many years of service....

Stay tuned
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Jedz that bike looks so much like my bosses Tracer 900, which I have yet to try. I am not sure if Id be allowed to.

I am soo iutching to get my bike out. A few more weeks and Ill be out and about.
        GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
          Jedz that bike looks so much like my bosses Tracer 900, which I have yet to try. I am not sure if Id be allowed to.

I am soo iutching to get my bike out. A few more weeks and Ill be out and about.
          The FJ-09 is a Tracer 900. Same bike different names for the US until 2019.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
            . . . . . . . . . .
            I was looking to see if you made the honda rider stay in the back.
            I have posted pics of other folks (Norm) riding through water like that, I havent rode through water splashing like that.
            I have pics of my bike parked in water. And yes, back end backed into water.

Thanks for explanation.
            Fun picture.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              I was looking to see if you made the honda rider stay in the back.
              I have posted pics of other folks (Norm) riding through water like that, I havent rode through water splashing like that.
              I have pics of my bike parked in water. And yes, back end backed into water.

Thanks for explanation.
              Fun picture.
              Not sure where our regular Honda rider was actually. He had an altercation with some gravel a little while back and while he is perfectly fine his VTR ended up a little second hand but I thought he was back on the road, perhaps not.

Not appearing in those photos are the Bandit, DL-1000, the BMW S1000 XR, Moto Guzzi V7, and the Kawasaki cruiser that accompanied us on the day, for some reason they always get left out of the photos
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

28' on the ride in this morning, yesterday it was SNOWING hard on my ride in, ABS and Traction control got me through.
                What a fantastic motorcycle. I thought the Bonneville was good for riding, this just nails it here for these Vermont roads and conditions.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Had an unbelievable ride yesterday. Breakfast in Ridgecrest, CA. Lunch in Phoenix, AZ and dinner in Albuquerque, NM. 875 miles. Headiing out at 6am (Pacific time) before sunrise, during moonset and getting home well after sunset with the moon high in the sky again.

I took 395 South heading down to I-15. Then I-215 near San bernardino where I picked up I-10 on into Phoenix. Taking Larry's suggestion, I followed hwy 60 through the Salt Canyon on into NM. taking a left at Quemado on hwy 36. 117 to I-40 then home at 11pm local time.

I rode into San Bernardino just in time for Monday morning rush hour traffic. At least I got a chance to admire their ground concrete highway. That's gotta be the smoothest highway I've ever set foot on. Yeah, dead stop! From Palm Springs to Phoenix is a rather uninspiring stretch, unless you have a fondness for cacti. The joshua tree and saguaro cacti are fascinating to me, as something I don't see every day, but the mountains in AZ were a welcome sight ater a looooong ride through the desert. When I was finally able to pass the semi with burning brakes and prison transport bus stuck in first gear, the Salt River canyon was a fun ride.

Moonrise the night before was absolutely incredible in California. We have mountains to the East of town at home so, unless we get away, don't typically get to see the moon low on the horizon. In CA. it appeared way larger and the smog gave it a cool orange color. Fast forward 16 hours and two states to the East was another fantastic view. The glow in the sky was almost indescribable. Out in the middle of nowhere, when I wasn't dodging jackrabbits sprinting acrossed the road, I kept admiring the night sky. It appeared to me as a slab of translucent marble, veins formed by contrails from high altitude aircraft, all backlit by the nearly full moon. Picking up I-40 at 10PM, I had what must have been a 30mph tail wind.

Still very alert and surprisingly not even tired, maybe due to the tea I had several hours before in Apache Junction. I was super excited to be riding East, straight into the direction of the moon. Intently focused on the road, I took full advantage of the near 30mph tail wind. The FJR is running flawlessly and traffic is light. Sometimes the last stretch is the most exhausting part of the ride, but I honestly didn't want it to end.

Some pics from the weekend.

Nellis AFB
                  20210327_142409 by Roger, on Flickr

CA. NV. border.
                  20210327_162218 by Roger, on Flickr

Pinto creek bridge
                  20210329_151428 by Roger, on Flickr

Salt River canyon
                  20210329_163436 by Roger, on Flickr
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Looks like great riding Roger!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

895 miles, I need me one of those rides! Still have months to go before that's possible.. Work.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Beautiful story and pics Roger. San Bernardino County is HUGE! My mother lives in the Inland Empire (part of San Bernardino County) and loves the gorgeous views of the "foothills" which I don't believe you went that far inland.

I was stationed at Williams AFB, in Chandler AZ so I use to make that I-10 trek quite a bit back in the 1986-1988 time frame. I wasn't riding motorcycles then but I still enjoyed seeing the Joshua trees through all that flat land.

Interesting that you bring up the concrete highway...very smooth! Did that drive to Vegas one year with my wife.

Nellis was my 2nd choice (Scott AFB was my 1st) when we were coming back to the states from Ramstein, Germany in 2006. I was assigned to my 3rd choice which was Dover AFB and been here ever since.

I did ride out in Alamogordo and Las Cruces, NM and met MrBill while I was working for Boeing's QF-16 program. I trailered my "T" out to LA during my stay in NM and visited family. Fond memories out there!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Gosh I can't wait to get back out on the road again. I'll probably continue west after the Brown County Rally. I'll visit my brother in Colorado... Something like that. 👍
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            28' on the ride in this morning, yesterday it was SNOWING hard on my ride in, ABS and Traction control got me through...
                            eeessssccchhhh . . . .

I am impressed.
                            I used to do some of that, then a couple things happened. One was the winter I had pneumonia (20? years ago), and the other I think was my 55th birthday (13 years ago).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              Had an unbelievable ride yesterday. Breakfast in Ridgecrest, CA. Lunch in Phoenix, AZ and dinner in Albuquerque, NM. 875 miles. Headiing out at 6am (Pacific time) before sunrise, during moonset and getting home well after sunset with the moon high in the sky again.. . . . .
                              Wow, that is a days ride. (Getting Close to being an Iron Butt.)
                              875 miles, and stopp for scenic pics too.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Not much of one last night but did put in 50 miles going the long way south, ten miles as the crow flies however, to get something for the Pic of the Week game.

Here's one of the nicer pictures I liked but the wife thought the other was better

Old Shell Service Station Pumps by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Last edited by cowboyup3371; 03-31-2021, 07:57 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X