Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Brown County Indiana GS Thang - June 10-13 - SAVE THE DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the request in at work, I might be a Friday arrival. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Need to decide if the 450 is up for the trip or if I should take the Nighthawk.
    1982 Suzuki GS450TXZ
    1985 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

Comment

Hey Brian, count me in and if it's possible to get the same room I had last year that would be fantabulouso.
      :c D
      sigpic
      2020 R1250 GSA - 2008 CBR600RR
      My exes:

2018 Goldwing - 2017 CRF250L - 2016 VFR1200X
      2009 SFV650 Gladius - 2016 Caponord Rally - 2018 K1600 GTL - 2017 Trophy SE
      2015 Versys 650LT - 2010 R1200RT - 2009 R1200GSA - 2004 R1100S - 2001 R1200C Euro
      2002 883R - 1975 CB550 - 1994 Shadow 1100 - 1985 Elite 80

Comment

Subscribed.
        I'm riding in from Northern Ca. and want to enjoy my road trip,I'll be taking my time rolling in,starting early so I can 'Take it all in'
        I have had both my Moderna vaccine shots in March 2021' and will be arriving with the card to prove it. thanks,Bill

Edit:I will be looking for sharing a room with a person here who has space and doesn't stay-up too late so I can learn to get to sleep and get-up to enjoy the day.I don't snore and don't smoke.I would like to pay for 1/2 the price of an available room(single or double)but will take whatever is available as I have a fresh sleeping bag.I don't snore,I'm in good health and would like to hear the news(I haven't had cable tv hooked up in my apt.)a little bit,if you happen to listen.I can be reached at my email or phone(I just shared my email with Brian Wringer along with contact ph.)if you would like to PM me.
        I look forward to this rally of GSR members and prefer riding '2 wheels' much more than 4 ! I once towed a trailer from MI. to CA. using a good running GS450T back in 2018',but that's a story for another time. thanks and have a very nice weekend,Bill Habekost.
        Last edited by grcamna2; 05-01-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
          Subscribed.
          I'm riding in from Northern Ca. and want to enjoy my road trip,I'll be taking my time rolling in,starting early so I can 'Take it all in'
          I have had both my Moderna vaccine shots in March 2021' and will be arriving with the card to prove it. thanks,Bill
          NICE

2200+ miles - THAT should get an award -

Ride Safe and Enjoy It All the way
          Currently in the Stable :
          2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
          1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
          - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
            NICE

Well, if we were organized enough to give awards...

We did manage to take up a collection for a hemorrhoid treatment care package when Don (dpep) rode up from Florida.

We may not be organized, but we sure are classy.

I don't think anyone's going to beat Simon K's total distance, although to be fair he didn't ride a motorcycle all the way from Australia.

Anyway, over the next few days I will (finally) be working on the rooming list. I will be sending email to past attendees and those who have indicated interest in this thread about rooming arrangements at the Rosemount. So check yer email sometimes, wouldya? And let me know if yours has changed since last time we corresponded.
            Last edited by bwringer; 04-28-2021, 04:56 PM.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

(that's me, raising my hand)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'm looking forward to it.
                I hope to hear from Uship.com to give me quotes for transporting my 83 GS750ES to Ron's place in Lexington,KY.I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by grcamna2 View Post
                  I'm looking forward to it.
                  I hope to hear from Uship.com to give me quotes for transporting my 83 GS750ES to Ron's place in Lexington,KY.I haven't heard anything yet.
                  NICE

There goes THAT award --
                  Currently in the Stable :
                  2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
                  1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
                  - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                    IF...I've been vaccinated, there is a high probability I'll be there.
                    And I am now fully vaccinated. See y'all soon!
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

There goes THAT award --

Oh,I'm still riding a motorcycle from CA. to Ron's,then up to Brown county:that's the 'plan'

EDIT:I have been hearing a new quote from uship.com:I'll actually need to wait for the beginning of May to
                      pay to have the GS750ES shipped out here if the price quote will match my $ and if so and it arrives
                      here 'alive'/with no damage I'll be pleased.I will let the GS750ES sit before I put it on the road,to completely
                      service the bike:what-with the time to search for OEM parts,etc.I'd like to ride the GS750ES out to Indiana but I'll need to ride my basic bike out there
                      instead and that will certainly happen.I'm not going to miss this 'Chautauqua'-type event:that's just what it'll mean to me
                      Last edited by grcamna2; 04-29-2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I just sent a huge big grand email to a whole crapton of people asking for their attendance and room preferences.

If you didn't get this and you're making firm plans to attend, please email me at brian@bwringer.com to let me know.

I'm nowhere near organized enough to play matchmaker, so if you are seeking a roommate situation to save cash, please post here and/or work it out amongst yourselves and let me know. Most of you know each other already, but if you're new-ish, snoring and vaccination status are important, and you should generally be housebroken. And bring plenty of underwear so you don't have to horrify your roomie with your drying skivvies...

Rates will be the same. I keep telling Jay to charge us more for the plumbing abuse, but I guess he likes us or something:
                        Single room, 1 or 2 people: $50/night + 12% tax = $56.00/per night
                        Double room (two beds), 1 or 2 people: $55/night + 12% tax = $61.60/per night
                        Third and fourth person: $10+tax / per night per person.

I have no clue yet whether we'll overflow the Rosemount, but if it comes to that preference will be given to folks who can make a very firm commitment to all three nights, and to past attendees. If your June plans are a little wobbly, then there are several corporate motels in town that might be a better choice if you might need to cancel.

That said, there are always a few last-minute intrusions of real life, so generally a few slots pop open on rally week. Keep an eye on this thread if your plans will also be last-minute.

I'll do my best, but I can't always honor specific room or room type requests.

Also, PLEASE do NOT call the Rosemount about a reservation. They've blocked out the whole place for us, so they'll just tell you they're booked. I'm the guy making the list, so contact me.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Folks, I'm IN! See you Friday evening.
                          Victor Kolb
                          '80 GS1100L -
                          '85 GS550L -
                          '04 Bandit 1200S - gone
                          '02 BMW R1150 RT - gone as well
                          '15 Triumph Bonneville NewChurch
                          '17 Triumph Tiger 80 XRx

Comment

Hi GSR members,
                            I'm Bill H. and want to be there the full 3 evenings at the motel.I want to request a room-share with someone who's fairly quiet and goes to sleep no later than 10:30ish.My $ is limited so whatever you have available is ok.I have 2 small Krauser 'Star' hard saddlebags and a sleeping bag(if the weather agrees,who can beat sleeping under the stars?) and would prefer a bed but I imagine,considering the amount of folks who're going to attend that only an area on your floor is available? in that case I will be fine with it.I have had my Moderna Covid-19 vaccine this March 2021' and will bring plenty of masks for myself,and I don't snore.Please PM me on here for my contact information:I look forward to the event. thank you,Bill

EDIT:I've found a roomshare with member Redman/Dave
                            Last edited by grcamna2; 05-04-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this years rally. It will be nice seeing all you guys again and hopefully some new faces too.
                              I'm going to use this rally as a springboard to Colorado. After spending some time with my brother and his family in Colorado, I think I'm going to head north. I love the southwest, but I want to see what Idaho, Wyoming is all about. Maybe I can sneak through Sturgis without anyone seeing me. It will be fun three week vacation. 👍
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Norm, does this mean you will be on the FJR instead of the Tiger 900?
                                Ron
                                When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                                1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                                1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                                1982 GS1100E
                                1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Working...
                                X