No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redman gets my vote with the upraised bridge.
    I deal with that situation on a daily basis.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I have to go with Steve Murdoch's cows this week.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I'm a little late but I cast for Steve Murdoch's delayed by livestock shot as well. Trevor's delayed by weather shot was a close second.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Do we really have to tally the votes? Of course we do!

With one vote each, kerrfunk and Redman...

And with eleven votes, yes 11, steve murdoch! Congratulations!

Steve, the voters have been herd. So let's moove along to the next theme. Whatcha got for us?
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

haha. herd. that's punny, Bob.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Holy cow! Thanks for the votes, Gents.
              W.C. Fields said something about never follow children or animals on stage so this could be tough.

Again this could be a duplicate and maybe even a duplicate from me but how about your bike/project being "transported". If it is a recent duplicate please let me know.
              In a pick-up, on a trailer, in a trailer, on a ferry?

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

This week's theme:
                Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                how about your bike/project being "transported"
                After having owned a 550 L, and then an 1100 GL, and then a 700 E, I realized that I preferred the GL and I desired the nimbleness of the 550. The 850GL weighs about the same as the 1100GL, and the 750GL is not available in the US, so 650GL was next on the list. I found one 180 miles away, and it was not exactly running. Later I decided that it had not been neglected, it had been abused. Took a few years and a conspiracy of generosity to get it running, but here it is on my first day with it.
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

How about transported by freight elevator?

Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                  Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

This caught my eye the other day and fits right in here. The trucker must have picked up a souvenir while in Albuquerque.

NOT AN ENTRY AND NOT MY BIKE just wanted to share it.

wing hauler by Roger, on Flickr
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well I certainly have lots of pics of me transporting bikes but none comes to close to how special this one is...me and Wes Cooley taking my gs1000s to interviewed for a local tv motorcycle show. I'll never forget that experience.

No signature

Comment

Kawasaki Kid by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

I have several Ferry pics but this is my favorite because the kid walked right past some shiny Harleys to ask if he could sit on my friend Brian Rose's KLR. That is my KLR in the foreground.
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Me not happy about transporting broke down (final drive) RT, in rental truck, 500 miles.

After getting the truck, got the plank, the tiedowns, go back to find bike, get it loaded, drive the 500 miles home,

unload, and return truck (30 miles from home) in the 20 hours before the rental office closed.

If you are sitting around bored, and want to be more bored, here is more of the story
                          I have not posted much in last couple years. I am the goofy guy from Michigan that got a 2002 R1150RT in 2015 to have at my daughters place in San Diego (later Oceanside) to use when visit there. A couple years we visited only once a year (February) and more recent years (since we retired) have v...

Last edited by Redman; 05-16-2021, 04:58 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A little Honda in a little Honda
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Akers Ferry in MO by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

gs850 arrived1 by Roger, on Flickr
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X