No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a 50 mile run today, no scenery other than the woman with whom I had lunch. Been riding to work four days out of five, so every day is a riding day.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Meow.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Got 7-20 minute sessions @ Ridge with a freshly paved circuit (entire track 2.47miles).

I was hit by another rider on track after lunch, by a "swooper" on a 06 GSXR...maybe I could have waited to pass, but he apexed too early, he got sucked out wide, then came back at me, even though the next corner was away from me.

Neither scathed, but he did find me in the pits for a "chat" close to the end of day.

Coldest track day I've ever been to, 55 w/high winds.

Saw a few cool cars, camping the night before.
        20210522_184104 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
        20210522_163617 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Looks like a great weekend, Carter.
          Never seen a GT in person let alone three. Did they flog them on the track
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hah! great pix, Burque! ( I never see longhorns up here ...might be a few but I'd remember if I'd ever been that close!)

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Did they flog them on the track
              Hey Steve, yes they did with a car track day organization called Turn 2.
              They also got permission to do some glam shots on the track when their day was over.
              Heard them roaring down the straight, then crackling a bit on decel for turn 1.

Had the privilege to ride around the track with the owner of Turn 2 awhile back in a junior stock car, he was passing all the exotic cars once the Hoosier slicks were warmed up, floating 2 wheels over the aprons of turns. Good sliding fun!

Cool shot of the longhorn, we have a few nearby Bellingham, if/when the border opens.

Nice shot of the Kat!
              GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

.. His horns from tip to tip were longer than my stretched out arms could reach.

Thanks for telling us about the fence.

Left the FJR home, eh? To go for two-up ride on 850G?

Last edited by Redman; 05-24-2021, 09:45 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                  .. . . . . . . . . . Bought a top box for $40. .
                  Is that allowed?

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
                    Got 7-20 minute sessions @ Ridge with a freshly paved circuit (entire track 2.47miles).

I was hit by another rider on track after lunch, by a "swooper" on a 06 GSXR...maybe I could have waited to pass, but he apexed too early, he got sucked out wide, then came back at me, even though the next corner was away from me.

Neither scathed, .
                    Yikes.

Good no serious results.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Yikes.

Good no serious results.
                      Thanks for that.

Have enjoyed witnessing all the wheel in water shots posted by you, pictures & the ride reports.
                      I've ridden thru Michigan once from the North heading South, got completely soaked. Still a good adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post

Neither scathed, but he did find me in the pits for a "chat" close to the end of day.

Coldest track day I've ever been to, 55 w/high winds.

Saw a few cool cars, camping the night before.
                        20210522_184104 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                        20210522_163617 by Carter Turk, on Flickr
                        Always something fun going on at the track. Those must be the later version: 2004-05-06, not 2nd rate.
                        Ok, even I learned something, swoopers are a hazard on the track, and I was told by a coach I was a swooper last year, turning in too early. Working on fixing that.
                        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Is that allowed?
                          Well I did kinda sneak out and didn't ask my wife if that's what you mean...

I mounted the new luggage compartment and it fits great. Haven't ridden with it yet but I think it'll work good. It reminds me of the one that our friend Jedz seems to put on every bike he owns.
                          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            Meow.

Very nice picture but is that a jackhammer on the ground? Seems out of place.
                            2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Very nice picture but is that a jackhammer on the ground? Seems out of place.
                              They are developing that spot...houses being built on the side of rock.
                              No signature

Comment

Is that allowed?
                                Well I did kinda sneak out and didn't ask my wife if that's what you mean....
                                Ha.
                                I was making snide/funny/satirical comment about putting something inexpensive on a beemer.

But I see you do take your BMW GS out off pavement, so I suppose you will be okay, as long as dont join the others parked at Starbucks. har har har

Comment

Working...
                                X