Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June Bike of the Month

Seriously?

We're almost two weeks into June and not one mention of that gorgeous 1150EF?

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 5.15.58 PM.jpg
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

You’re right. That is stunning. I always come right to the forum and forget to look at the main page unless someone chimes in here. Eugene has a gorgeous bike.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

That's color scheme that would empty my wallet and I can't bare to talk about it.........sigh.......... (love it!)
      Last edited by Charlie G; 06-11-2019, 09:17 PM.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

That is a gorgeous motorcycle! I'm sorry I've skipped over the GS Resource Motorcycle of the Month. My phone just skips to the forum pages... No offense to anyone, but I am happy to see the quality of motorcycles and photos has improved lately. I've went to great lengths to get Motorcycle of the month, to no avail... Congratulations 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Yes, lovely bike. Like Norm, I typically go straight here, so bike of the month is often forgotten about.
          The owner is regularly on one of the FB groups, and I've watched it go thru the process of becoming what it is.

That fork reflector once lived on my ES....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Are there any "bike of the month" bikes that are actually owned by members here? Lol...doesn't seem like many.
            No signature

Comment

That is my bike! Thanks for the honor! I bought that last fall had nothing done to it for 15 years or so. Typical mostly there but hardly nothing works right. Was leaking from the valve cover, peeling paint, carbs fouled. 20 year old tires. I have replaced all engine cover gaskets, new clutch, Carbs redone and jetted for pod filters, rebuilt the cluster using led lighting, all electrics gone through. Valves adjusted, new valve cover gasket. New Dyna Coils. New plug wires. All grommets new. Brakes gone through. Starts on choke, easily pulls past redline in all gears.

Carb tune is getting pretty happy. Just installed Dyna coils and wires and man what a difference. Added Supertrapp Race Only rear outlet to exhaust. Liking...
              Last edited by GSGENO; 06-12-2019, 09:04 PM. Reason: updated.
              1985 GS1150E 22k miles Work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                That is a gorgeous motorcycle! I'm sorry I've skipped over the GS Resource Motorcycle of the Month. My phone just skips to the forum pages... No offense to anyone, but I am happy to see the quality of motorcycles and photos has improved lately. I've went to great lengths to get Motorcycle of the month, to no avail... Congratulations 
                Maybe it's your composition, Norm. this one isn't much on the background, so I don't know what to say. I got last Octobers BOM on my first try and it was taken on my flip phone. I know how nice Steve's '79 1000 is, so it should be a no brainer. I've been thinking or trying with Red, but I need to polish the cases back up to do that.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Are there any "bike of the month" bikes that are actually owned by members here? Lol...doesn't seem like many.
                  Actually, I think they ALL belong to members.

The problem is that the BOM shows an actual name as the owner, but there is no reference to their screen name.

I have sent a couple of requests to "the powers that be", asking to have the screen name added to the picture caption, evidently it's not a priority item.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Actually, I think they ALL belong to members.

The problem is that the BOM shows an actual name as the owner, but there is no reference to their screen name.

I have sent a couple of requests to "the powers that be", asking to have the screen name added to the picture caption, evidently it's not a priority item.

Ah did you not read this particular winner's post? Lol....it's his first post...(he has since posted twice more) he just joined.And we have congratulated many past winners only to not hear anything from the owner....
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Ah did you not read this particular winner's post? Lol....it's his first post...(he has since posted twice more) he just joined.And we have congratulated many past winners only to not hear anything from the owner....
                      I agree it would be nice to know the screen name up front. Maybe there is something about privacy and posting names with the BOTM and not having it readily associated with their screen name? In that case, why not just post the screen name, as that's how we get to know each other initially, anyhow?

and I want to say again that the bike itself looks amazing.
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by GSGENO View Post
                        ...easily pulls past redline in all gears.
                        What's that like in top gear? Got to be approaching 150 mph.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          What's that like in top gear? Got to be approaching 150 mph.
                          Well I should have said through 4 gears. I backed off at 135mph.....LOL... But it was pulling hard towards RL in 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                            Maybe it's your composition, Norm. this one isn't much on the background, so I don't know what to say. I got last Octobers BOM on my first try and it was taken on my flip phone. I know how nice Steve's '79 1000 is, so it should be a no brainer. I've been thinking or trying with Red, but I need to polish the cases back up to do that.
                            Its bike of the month, not background of the month. GEEZ.

Comment

Originally posted by GSGENO View Post
                              Its bike of the month, not background of the month. GEEZ.
                              Yes it is bike of the month, but which would you pick? A picture of a vintage bike in front of a historic building or a vintage bike in the alley next to an old dumpster? I know the bike that Norm has, I sold it to him and it should easily have made the cut, so there must be something that is causing it to not make the cut.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                              X