Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to the forum =D

Aloha!
    The system didn't recognize my info anymore so I had to re-register. I 'think' I'm using the same screen name? Anyway I separated with my GS1100g and GSX-S1000F before moving to Oahu. I've been here 3 years, riding a 170cc 'scooter' and a Jeep Wrangler TJ, and now considering a proper bike to explore the island on.

This was/is one of the best forums, and definitely was/is the best special interest group I've ever been introduced to. I learned so much from you all and absolutely loved meeting everyone either individually or at the rallies. There is just something about Suzuki bikes that has my heart, too. I'm happy to be back.

Mahalo,
    Joe

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
    Aloha!.
    Mahalo,
    Joe
    Hey,
    Howdie,
    Hi, Joe

Welcome back.

Yah, do tell us of your adventures there.

Dave
    Last edited by Redman; 06-01-2021, 04:11 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

. . . .
      The system didn't recognize my info anymore so I had to re-register. . .
      Forum is set up (by administrator who provides the service of his own time) such that it expires if not used in several months.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Welcome back!
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Hey Joe,

In case you haven't seen this before, here is a thread from Dan regarding rehabbing your old 1100...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...S1100G-Project
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

. . . . . I've been here 3 years, riding a 170cc 'scooter' and a Jeep Wrangler TJ, and now considering a proper bike to explore the island on.. . . .
            When I was a tourist (with rental Harley) on the island, I noticed that all most all the Harleys (and Mustang Convertables) seemed to be tourist. THen I thought would be strange to live there and get a big road bike - on an island that is, what, 20 some miles across, and no road that goes all the way around.

Comment

Welcome back Joe. It's good to see you back on the forum.

We only met once back about 4 years ago I think, at the rally in Farmington, Mo. So you are forgiven if you don't remember me, but welcome back just the same.

My son lives in Honolulu working for the V.A. Next time I get there I'll look you up.

Aloha
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Hey Joe! Glad you made it back here and things are going well!

cheers,

Dan
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Welcome back.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Dang, I'd forgot the name but I remember that picture like it was yesterday. Welcome back.
                    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's good to be back and in touch with you guys. Yeah things are still good in Hawaii! I ended up getting a 2014 Triumph Street Triple R (675) - it seems like the perfect bike for me on the island. I'm stoked to be riding again and to have a bike to work on a little. I really fell in love with the GSX-S1000F but it just wasn't the right bike for a 40-mile island with traffic. Selling that bike was one of the hardest things I've had to do and I was physically ill for a week or two after. I like Suzuki bikes and miss owning one, but maybe one will come my way in the future.

Maybe I should add that this was a static picture - I just rolled the bike out for a photo, not a ride.
                      Last edited by Joe Garfield; 06-24-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Nice to see you back. I was a member back in 2005 or so, still can search/find some stuff I posted, but got canned like yesterday's paper.
                        Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                        '79 GS100E
                        Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

accts stagnant for180 days are deleted. Sign in now and then to prevent this
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Cool ! Joe is back.
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              When I was a tourist (with rental Harley) on the island, I noticed that all most all the Harleys (and Mustang Convertables) seemed to be tourist. THen I thought would be strange to live there and get a big road bike - on an island that is, what, 20 some miles across, and no road that goes all the way around.
                              Perhaps, after I say Welcome Back!, Joe can update us on that.

I have not been there for many years but on my visit I actually did drive the entire perimeter of Oahu in a rental car.

By chance I found a former military trail that had been cut into the side of Diamond Head . It began at a beach near Waikiki and ran all around Diamond Head at different heights, but averaging about a hundred feet above the water, before it went back down to the ocean and a little farther on it turned into a real road..

It was wide enough for only one vehicle for the entire distance, and meeting anyone else part way along would have been a wee bit problematic as there was no rail and/or fence of any kind, anywhere.

It was strikingly beautiful all the way around, but became spectacularly so when it came down at ocean side and the rollers right beside us hit the rocks and went under an array of chimney rocks, blowing the water fifty or more feet into the air and delivering the most wonderful display of cascading rainbows that I have ever seen. Fascinated by the display we stopped there for a while, then found a nearby cave and had box lunch.

Wonderful memory.
                              Last edited by argonsagas; 06-29-2021, 02:11 PM.
                              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                              X