Admin, please remove my viewing rights for "The Vortex"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin, please remove my viewing rights for "The Vortex"

Unfortunately, I smell it every time I come to this site, and I'd rather not. Please!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Might work better if you send a message directly. Either send a PM or an email.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ugh, what grandstanding. Just like having to declare that you have put someone on ignore, a cry for attention.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        Ugh, what grandstanding. Just like having to declare that you have put someone on ignore, a cry for attention.
        Yup.... The procedure for opting in or out is outlined in the yellow box at the top of every Vortex thread.... Nothing more than a simple PM to a moderator ....... Just a public declaration being made here .......
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

I always thought the Vortex smelled pretty good. Kinda like a dusty old library...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Deuce has a point. The Vortex was introduced to contain the smell. Unfortunately for the bulk of the GSR membership it has continued to ooze out to other parts of the forum.
            1979 GS1000
            1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

I always smell capacolla with just a hint of garlic and the aroma of a freshly baked pizza crust ........
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                Deuce has a point. The Vortex was introduced to contain the smell. Unfortunately for the bulk of the GSR membership it has continued to ooze out to other parts of the forum.
                Much the same could be said about the internet in general. What distinguishes the wise is the ability to navigate it. Deuce has hopped in and out of the Vortex as a poster. He has not been forced to do so.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

The Vortex is a cesspool of claptrap by a small minority of users on this site, many of which don't even post much of any motorcycle related content here at all. Unsubscribing was one of the best things I've done for my enjoyment of this forum. Unfortunately the stench permeates outside the walls though, the Covid 19 thread is case in point.

Last edited by Nessism; 07-05-2020, 03:02 PM.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

LoL. Why do I see this thread making its way into the Vortex is supposedly claims to want to escape ...
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

LoL. Why do I see this thread making its way into the Vortex is supposedly claims to want to escape ...
                      Umm... post #3 would be one clue?
                      1979 GS1000
                      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Aren't many of the replies in this thread suitable only for the vortex?
                        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                        1983 GS 1100 G
                        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                          The Vortex is a cesspool of claptrap by a small minority of users on this site, many of which don't even post much of any motorcycle related content here at all. Unsubscribing was one of the best things I've done for my enjoyment of this forum. Unfortunately the stench permeates outside the walls though, the Covid 19 thread is case in point.

Easy there, you're insulting cesspools.
                          1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                          1983 GS 1100 G
                          2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                          2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                          1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveR View Post
                            Umm... post #3 would be one clue?
                            It is a funny "coincidence" that the only people who openly complain about the Vortex and who make a big show of asking to be removed from it are grumpy old conservatives.
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

STFU! You don't know squat!

And yes, I did contact Admin several times to remove me.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Working...
                              X