No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The title is silly, so is the premise. Glad I gave it a shot. I loved this movie. Sam Elliot IS the Man.
    full movie is on YouTube.
    The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

The Iron Cross, 1977, a good movie about the Germans fighting the Russians on the eastern front.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Wife wanted me to get and watch "A Walk In The Woods" with her (Actaully she wanted me to read the book.) because it was so insightful and such a good personality study. Oh Boy.

So I agreed to get/watch the movie.

Was interesting and funny (wife annoyed that it didnt follow the book).

In general, Its about his guy (Robeert Redford) who is a writer, nearing/at/past retirement age, is not getting as much work nor acclaim as he used to. Some how he gets the idea to walk the Appilation trail. So he contacts everbosy he knows, and about everybody he has ever known, to get someone to go with him. And everyone turns him down (thier replys are funny).
        THen one of his old friend from back when they were 20, who he specifically didn't invite, calls and asks to go along.
        Well, this old friend shows up (Nick Nolte) and he is limping and doesnt look healthy at all.

That is just the start of the movie.
        The interaction between those two are great, and funny.
        THe people they meet along the way is funny.
        ANd the situations they get into are funny/serious but funny.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Wife wanted me to get and watch "A Walk In The Woods" with her (Actaully she wanted me to read the book.) because it was so insightful and such a good personality study. Oh Boy.

So I agreed to get/watch the movie.

Was interesting and funny (wife annoyed that it didnt follow the book).

In general, Its about his guy (Robeert Redford) who is a writer, nearing/at/past retirement age, is not getting as much work nor acclaim as he used to. Some how he gets the idea to walk the Appilation trail. So he contacts everbosy he knows, and about everybody he has ever known, to get someone to go with him. And everyone turns him down (thier replys are funny).
          THen one of his old friend from back when they were 20, who he specifically didn't invite, calls and asks to go along.
          Well, this old friend shows up (Nick Nolte) and he is limping and doesnt look healthy at all.

That is just the start of the movie.
          The interaction between those two are great, and funny.
          THe people they meet along the way is funny.
          ANd the situations they get into are funny/serious but funny.
          Pretty good movie, but yes, you should read the book. Actually, you should read every book by Bill Bryson.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nick Nolte has looked that way since the 70s. Just watched North Dallas Forty.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Both Nolte and Redford are national treasures.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Treasures both, I agree. Just sayin’ Nolte’s been playing the “too old to do (insert role here) for along time. And he’s great at it. Redford should have passed on that Avengers movie.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Did you see Redford's final film, The Old Man and The Gun? He has nothing to regret.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

I have not but I’ll look for it. Always liked him since Butch Cassidy, the Natural, lots more.
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Been decades since I saw All The President's Men, but recently watched Wag the Dog.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Pretty good movie, but yes, you should read the book. Actually, you should read every book by Bill Bryson.
                        Bill Bryson has written some pretty entertaining and funny books, I particularly enjoyed "Notes from a small island" and "I'm a stranger here myself". Absolutely dead on.....
                        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Last week i rewatched Hidden Figures, the story about the three black woman who helped NASA in the early Sixties.
                          Excellent movie. Great soundtrack as well.
                          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                            I’ve been wanting to see The Peanut Butter Falcon since I took this pic. It’s now on Hulu so we’re part way into it. Can already tell it’s a gem of a movie. Anyone watched any good movies lately?
                            It's a very good movie. I have an alternative title, ' Forrest Gump meets Rain Man'

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

No seriously go back.

Okay, it's your loss.

Last chance....

'We nearly got run over by a shrimp boat'. The look on her face was worth it.
                            97 R1100R
                            Previous
                            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                              Last week i rewatched Hidden Figures, the story about the three black woman who helped NASA in the early Sixties.
                              Excellent movie. Great soundtrack as well.
                              Another good one. If you liked it, read up about Sophie Germain and follow that with Emmy Noether. It would be difficult to overestimate Noether's contribution.
                              Einstein referred a lot to the contributions his first wife made to his work. She was actually the A student of the family.
                              97 R1100R
                              Previous
                              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I'll offer this one: The King's Speech.

Based on the real life of King George VI, it works well.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxBrTvLbBM
                                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X