No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading into work this AM and talking about the Roadsmart 3 tires and how much I dislike them... Damn nice Sunrise to watch though!

Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No signature

Comment

Jedz,

Thoroughly enjoyed riding to work with you (from the comfort of my couch). Wait, work? What's that?

I bought a Dunlop for the rear of my Kaw 900 years ago. As I'm walking out the door after ordering it, the salesman asks, "Street or Race compound?" Now you know what I said, even after he tried to convince me I was wrong.

And of course he was right. "Race" tire was slippery as all hell.

Again, loved your video. Learned something about chain noise vis a vis sprocket size. And there's nothing wrong with a good sunrise rant. Got me all psyched up. I'm gonna go do some maintenance now - maybe change the bong water. Cheers!
        Last edited by Rob S.; 09-29-2019, 10:07 PM.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Oooh! New toy, Trev?
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Great pic, Trevor! Glad you got your new addition to your collection up-and-running.

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
            Oooh! New toy, Trev?
            Yup! New toy on this thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...0ED&highlight=

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I must have been asleep to miss that thread.
              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Took this one today.

That's the "Big Dog" 1100E with the "Big Dog" in front of the Great Dane Trailer factory just outside Brazil, Indiana.
                sigpic

SUZUKI:
                1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Just a mile shy of 400 miles today going out to Hocking Hills for the first time in a long while. Ohio 56 and 682 are fantastic roads but my GPS messed me up so I missed a few other roads I wanted to be on today. However, I also found a few nice ones off of Hwy 772 south of Chillicothe and so I want to go back this year before the snow and ice comes if possible. I also re-learned a valuable lesson that I thought I managed already when I tried to use the camera and discovered I couldn't take any pictures after this first one. Next time I'll remember to charge the battery for it too before every ride.

Kidwell covered bridge built in 1880

Kidwell Covered Bridge 29 Sep 2019 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got out for a spin on the 85 gs750ef today...had to "cure" the pipe's paint I have decided it's highly unlikely that I can sell this bike...lol

No signature

Comment

this are photos from last month GS250 gathering in east java....indonesia

basically all GS250 rider across indonesia came here at those moment

Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by celesboy1 View Post

Nice pictures and nice looking motorcycle! The rally looks well attended, it even has a guy working on his bike!
                        Just like our US rallies!
                        My Motorcycles:
                        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                        79 1000e (all original)
                        82 850g (all original)
                        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by celesboy1 View Post

the modifications on your bike are impressive. especially that headlight. i wonder if i'll ever get to take a picture of my bike in front of a volcano. awesome!
                          2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                          82 gs1100L probably the next project
                          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Jedz,

Thoroughly enjoyed riding to work with you (from the comfort of my couch). Wait, work? What's that?

I bought a Dunlop for the rear of my Kaw 900 years ago. As I'm walking out the door after ordering it, the salesman asks, "Street or Race compound?" Now you know what I said, even after he tried to convince me I was wrong.

And of course he was right. "Race" tire was slippery as all hell.

Again, loved your video. Learned something about chain noise vis a vis sprocket size. And there's nothing wrong with a good sunrise rant. Got me all psyched up. I'm gonna go do some maintenance now - maybe change the bong water. Cheers!
                            Yeah man dirty Bong water can ruin your day! best get that sorted!!!HAHA

Yeah still got a few decades before I can retire... But I try to enjoy every day I have and not think about the day I don't have to work. I do enjoy my job. Brings a good amount of satisfaction to my life. Rather being a professional motorcycle tester but hey... Can't really seem to work into the niche.

I will likely not run these Dunlops again, there was a rebate for them and it did entice me knowing even if I didn't like them, they wouldn't last too long by how many miles I rack.

Crested 26K miles for the season yesterday afternoon. On the T120... Love that bike!

Huzzah I now have 21K miles on this new transmission!!! No Issues!!! (1K more than the last one before it blew)
                            Last edited by Jedz123; 09-30-2019, 07:52 AM.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Got out for a spin on the 85 gs750ef today...had to "cure" the pipe's paint I have decided it's highly unlikely that I can sell this bike...lol

I much prefer the look of this cycle without the full coverage fairing. Complely changes the look. That Yoshi exhaust looks..... proper...
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                I much prefer the look of this cycle without the full coverage fairing. Complely changes the look. That Yoshi exhaust looks..... proper...
                                And to period. I agree Half fairing looks great!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X