Only Headlight And Turn Signals Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Headlight And Turn Signals Work

So yesterday I took my bike out for a ride and on the way back it started to rain a bit. Luckily, I got home before it started hailing.

When I pulled the bike into the garage my LED's that I installed on the front and rear of the bike were flickering. I assumed it was from the water possibly shorting the lights. I turned off my bike and let it dry off.

Today, I figured that the lights would be back to normal since they should be dry but I was mistaken... So now only my headlight works. No red running lights, brake lights or my white running led lights.

My turn signals work, but strange thing about my right one, is that when the bike is off, the front right one works only if not in a certain spot (I checked and doesnt seem to be getting shorted anywhere). When the bike is on, the right signal clicks once and is solid yellow but the left one works fine either way.

I tried testing my rear light bulb with my multimeter and the reading was all over the place so not sure what to think of that.

I also want to replace my main fuse anyways but it does not say on it what the amps or watts are, anyone know what it should be for a 82 gs450l?

Thanks for the help

The fuse is 15 Amps.

Comment

Hopefully, you made connections on these accessory lights that can be disconnected easily for troubleshooting purposes now and later.
      Likely that either the LEDs and/or connections need waterproofing- I use clear silicone with good results
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Hopefully, you made connections on these accessory lights that can be disconnected easily for troubleshooting purposes now and later.
        Likely that either the LEDs and/or connections need waterproofing- I use clear silicone with good results
        Uh.... Not really, wish I did. Now I know, good learning experience I guess. Still haven't found the problem but in the future I will use some clear silicone.

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        The fuse is 15 Amps.
        Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X